Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chorus/ntl

• 20-09-2009 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

has anyone noticed a problem accessing certain websites using chorus/ntl broadband today and in the last 5 days ?. if so i would like to hear from you. i have a feeling something bogey is going on at chorus/ntl and would like to hear from anyone that is having problems accessing some sites that should normally work. especially regarding legal torrent sites

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

I'm in Galway city and I have been having intermittent problems with chorus/ntl in the last week and a half, I must say though that this is the first time in the last two years or more that the service has given me trouble.
    I'm on the 20MBit line.

I don't think its a DNS problem though as I cannot ping servers using IP address alone.

hopefully they'll sort this out before it becomes an issue cause their service is generally great value (as long as you keep an eye on what the sneaky sales people are up to)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from comp and tech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

CrinkElite wrote: »
    I'm in Galway city and I have been having intermittent problems with chorus/ntl in the last week and a half, I must say though that this is the first time in the last two years or more that the service has given me trouble.
    I'm on the 20MBit line.

I don't think its a DNS problem though as I cannot ping servers using IP address alone.

hopefully they'll sort this out before it becomes an issue cause their service is generally great value (as long as you keep an eye on what the sneaky sales people are up to)

the same here, but i know it's not a dns problem. it has being working fine here for the last year as well, so it's only lately that this problem surfaced. i'll be watching this because i tought chorus/ntl might be locking out certain sites but it doesn't look like that at all now but theres something going on. will look more into this problem as the days go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Moved from comp and tech.

ok cheers

Advertisement