Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole for Change of Address

• 20-09-2009 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey guys,

I'm currently on the waiting list for Jobseeker's Allowance going on 8 weeks in the Navan Road office, Dublin 7, waiting for a means test interview to be scheduled. I've informed the office that I'm going back to college as a postgrad research student (I was offered an M.Sc. course at the last minute!), and they told me I'd be scheduled for a means test as normal for the back pay I'm owed. However the lease is about to expire on my Dublin 7 address and I'm moving to Pearse Street, Dublin 2 in a couple of weeks. This means my closest SW office is now in Townsend Street. Does this mean that when I change address I'll have to go back to the 'end of the line' waiting for a means test interview in this new office? Cos that could take months!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭grumula

They should just give you a form to fill out, address changes dont interupt fresh claims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 davisi

Ah excellent, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tasha12

Hello,
    I pretty much have close to the same question.I have been on the dole for a few months and now I am changing address from living with my parents to living with my sister in order to do a course.

Will I just be given a form to fill out?

Will I be means tested?Will my sister be means tested?If so,she will not like this and I might not notify of a change in address.

I also heard of this inspector who calls out form these boards.This did not happen to me when I applied.

Might it happen if I tell them of a change in address?I live in Sligo.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Many Thanks,
    Tasha:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

tasha12 wrote: »

Will I be means tested?Will my sister be means tested?If so,she will not like this and I might not notify of a change in address.

That would be Social Welfare Fraud. You are obliged to inform them of any change in your circumstances.
    Are you in payment at the moment? If you are doing a course will you still be eligible for receipt of the payment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

Another similar question to the above. I'm on the job seekers allowance in Galway city but i'm moving up to Dublin city this week. Question is do i have to go to Galway and sort it out at that end or whats the story?

Also would there be any delay in getting it switched or does it take immediate effect?

My means test and all that is done if that makes any difference.

• Advertisement

Why is it fraud?I just don't want to be means tested again.My sister doesnt want to be means tested as she is working.

I have notified the social welfare about the course and they are giving me the normal rate while I am doing the course for two months...

The guy from Galway who has the same issue as me -I don't know how they handle this -do they ask you a lot of questions,do you have to fill out a lot of forms,who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

tasha12 wrote: »
    Why is it fraud?I just don't want to be means tested again.My sister doesnt want to be means tested as she is working.

I have notified the social welfare about the course and they are giving me the normal rate while I am doing the course for two months...

The guy from Galway who has the same issue as me -I don't know how they handle this -do they ask you a lot of questions,do you have to fill out a lot of forms,who knows?

It is fraud because you haven't given them a true reflection of your circumstances.
    You will be means tested again - but its a review of your circumstances - your sisters earnings can't be assessed against you.

If you have moved address, you need to go to the fresh claims area of your new local office, tell them you are signing wherever currently, and they will request your claim from your current office.

I went in today to let them know.It was okay-I just had another form to fill out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I was wondering if anyone could provide some advice for my situation? I'm currently in Dublin, and have just finished my masters degree. I'll be doing my thesis over the summer, and I am entitled to sign on during this period as I am available for work.

However, I'm likely to have to move home in August once its done as I probably won't have a job to go straight into. Would I be better off submitting a claim in Dublin or going home to do it? Seems less messy to just do it at home.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Advertisement