Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson W580i Auto Pressing 'ok' and 'menu' keys.

• 20-09-2009 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Ok my sony ericsson is acting up on me again. The ok/menu button keeps auto clicking over and over about once a second, holding down the back button stops it but its seriously hard trying to text with my finger on the back button all the time. Its happened before but it just seemed to stop. Tried taking out the battery and sim = nothing.

Any help or tips is appreciated and for anybody who isnt sure what phone im on about its

sony-ericsson-w580i-sim-free-extra.jpg

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Craig O L

Any andvice at all is welcome :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Have you tried a master reset, as what you're describing may actually be software related? If not, you can do this by going to Settings => General tab => Master reset. Once selected, you'll be prompted for your handset's security code; which is 0000 by default.

Please note, that doing a master reset will delete any contacts, messages, pictures, videos etc on your handset's phone memory. As such, I recommend you save any contacts from your phone to your sim card before carrying out the master reset.

Tried the master reset but its still acting queer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mine is the same, going to have to return it, luckily I am bill pay so I should be covered

Unlucky for me im pay as you go:p

Any other ideas still welcome although its looking fairly hopeless.

• Advertisement

Bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sarsarsar

I used to have that phone

Had all sorts of problems, inc similar to what you are saying. Phone shop couldnt provide an answer, sent it away, even replaced it, same probs. Eventually gave up and bpught a new one. As I was I happened to mention it to the sales guy who told me that basically this phone is riddled with software problems, a complete dud phone on Sony Ericssons part, and a general all round failure.

Dont hold your breath for getting a solution!!

Advertisement