Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed

Options
  • 18-09-2009 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi Girls/ Guys
    We have been trying for a baby for 2 years and cannot conceive, we cannot afford ivf has anyone got any idea's what we should do??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

missyprim wrote: »
    Hi Girls/ Guys
    We have been trying for a baby for 2 years and cannot conceive, we cannot afford ivf has anyone got any idea's what we should do??

did you talk to your doctor? maybe there's some other fertility treatment you can try?

you can also adopt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Have you tried any lifestyle changes? Quit smoking, reduce alcohol intake? Are you at all overweight or underweight? Losing or gaining a few lbs can increase your fertility.

Relaxation techniques and acupuncture can also benefit some women who are trying to conceive.

Is your cycle regular? Have you tried using ovulation predictor tests to ensure that you are trying at the right times every month?

do you or your husband work in stressful jobs? Or are there other stresses in your life at the minute? Stress can have a huge impact on fertility.

As the previous poster aid, a visit to your GP may be worthwhile. They can at least do tests to check your hormone levels and whether you are ovulating. Your GP could also refer you to a fertility clinic where both you and your husband could have further tests. I'm not sure of the costs (if any) but IVF is not the only option to couples who are having difficulty conceiving.

The book 'TTC, an Irish Couples Guide' is apparently very good and practical and might highlight where you could be going wrong.

I'm sure you're already taking folic acid, if not, you should start. Try and increase your husbands zinc intake, its great for the little swimmers.

Other than that I think I'm out of ideas... Hope this helps :)

Advertisement