Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lookng to buy in or around Dublin

Options
  • 20-09-2009 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi, I'm currently working outside the country but hoping to move back soon, most probably to Dublin. When I move back I would be looking to buy a house. I'd prefer not to end up in one of the large new estates. What would be good areas to look at? I'd like somewhere with reasonable transport links.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭chancer_007

depends on your budget obviously

if you have plenty of €€€ I'd but somewhere near dundrum,luas shopping

if you wat closer to toen,again the budget,go for portobello..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

whats ur budget? also what you looking for, apartment/house, how many bedrooms ect?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

There are a load of houses for sale in the Ballinteer area - most of these are in mature, quiet estates and should be about 10 or 15 mins walk from the Luas. You are also close to Dundrum town centre, so have the cinema, shops, restaurants, theatre etc. Ballinteer is also cheaper than Dundrum and will be more residential ...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I think this is what you're looking for.. very convenient for town etc.

www.daft.ie/1457059

do we get an invite to the housewarming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

spockety wrote: »
    I think this is what you're looking for.. very convenient for town etc.
    Very good. I suppose it would make an adequate starter home for someone to get on the ladder :)

OP your request is very vague - akin to saying that you want to buy a car with four doors. Your options will depend entirely on your budget and your needs.

Even in terms of location, you'll need to consider your daily commute and your own priorities for the future. You'll probably find that most people will recommend their favourite area or side of the city - but it may not suit you.

The only advice I would give would be that if you want to get to know an area that you're unfamiliar with, seriously consider renting there first. It might help you avoid making a costly mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 zemphis

messrs wrote: »
    whats ur budget? also what you looking for, apartment/house, how many bedrooms ect?

I'd be looking for a house, semi-detached ideally with three bedrooms. Budget would be up to €450K, but preferably less.

Thanks for the advice. That's a good piece of advice to rent in an area first.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Also, do you have a family, are you single, and have you got a job lined up? Finally, you mention that you're going to "move back" which I take it means you once lived here... be aware that the mortgage that you could get before you left may not be what you get now...

Advertisement