Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Camera

• 20-09-2009 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,

I stupidly walked off and left my camera on the Liffey Boardwalk (Dublin) on Saturday night (19/9).

It's a long shot but if anyone here picked it up, or is offered/sees an entry level Nikon DSLR soon, please please let me know ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

keep an eye on adverts for it and perhaps buy and sell - its a very long shot but you never know. Also, you will find many dSLR's advertised on there so be sure before jumping to any conclusions.

have you a serial number? if you didn't take it down it may be on the box / store receipt.

It may be worth while to post the serial number on this thread as google index boards many times a day and if anyone was googling a serial number, then this thread would show up.

sorry for your trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭a_l_a_n

Safe to say its gone now I think, but FWIW S/N 7448171, Nikon D60, 18-55 lens :(

Maybe some recommendations for alternatives in the same price range (not that I disliked the D60 in any way)? Think the only way to get over this may be to just go an get a replacement on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

that's bad luck, sorry to hear it
    as for replacement, it really depends on your budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Make sure to report it to the Gardai, ~10% is recovered. I had a camera stolen in a house robbery years ago and it was about 18 months later they recovered some camera gear, wasn't mine as it turned out so it probably got sold off at the auction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

try cashconverters on thomas street and maybe ballyfermot. if someone found it there they might bring it there to get cash for it, since its not stolen they arent doing anything illegal so wouldnt be afraid of showing their passport and filling the form there which is necessary. if u give cashconverters the serial number they will have it on their system and when someone brings it in they always do a check.

i saw a d40 in thomas street a few months back so theres a good chance(im being optimistic) it could turn up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭CH3OH

since its not stolen they arent doing anything illegal so wouldnt be afraid of showing their passport and filling the form there which is necessary.
    Not much help to the original poster.....
    I'm no legal expert..... but it is my understanding that to find a camera on the street and not report it is theft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

CH3OH wrote: »
    to find a camera on the street and not report it is theft.

not in the eyes of who will find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

CH3OH wrote: »
    Not much help to the original poster.....
    I'm no legal expert..... but it is my understanding that to find a camera on the street and not report it is theft.

Larceny by finding I think is the correct term.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

Similar story, well, kinda. I went out with a backpack in Thailand with the same camera, D60 18-55, in it, got very drunk, and all that was found the next day was a plastic bag with everything they couldn't sell in it, i.e. passport, drivers license, book, etc.

However, I'm not sure it was just alcohol as, although I do occasionally drink more than I should, I would not be so irresponsible as to leave a bar without my passport and prized camera which I just just getting to learn how to use.

Long and short of it, I've heard about drink spiking in Thailand, not saying it did happen to me, but who knows. Also, they have Chang beer there which says 6% on the bottle but I was warned afterwards it can be anything from 3% to 11%, and to stay away from it.

I wanted a replacement and wanted something better so as to make up for my loss, so went with a Canon 450d. a_l_a_n, you might want to compare it to the D60 as they are priced quite comparatively I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement