Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV problem only after a year and a half

• 20-09-2009 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

Not sure if im posting in the correct section. But i hope someone can help me.

Have a sony that i bought in November 2007. It broke down last month :(... i bought the TV from a well knowing irish internet site. My sony tv cost me €3400 when i bought it and only came with 12months Manufacturer's warranty....

Does this mean im stuffed ? as i cant go back to the well knowing web site and ask them for a refund, replacement or money back ect.... i was sure under EU law we have 2 years to go back if we find a problem with our product. Just it cost so much money and months and months of hard work to earn 3400 it be sad to see it gone in tin air.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Ok, that two year thing is EUROPE. Its not actually applicable in Ireland , we did not sign that law.(Maybe with this bloody illegal Lisbon thing...)
    However the retailer has an obligation to assist you in facilitating a repair.
    While you may be asked to pay for parts but a €100 for a circuit board is not allot to put against €3400?
    Their is the small claims if they get thick about it, but most company's wont let it get that far.
    >Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I've just had my 2,000 euro panasonic fixed at no cost to me. At the time it broke (july) it was 21 months out of warranty i.e. nearly 3 years old. The parts alone were 900 euro!

I had bought it from a store but because it was so long out of warranty i went direct to panasonic ireland. One short simple letter got the ball rolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Thanks for the links Pocky, i had all ready looked at them during the week :).

Thanks for the quick responce from the rest also.

Looks like i will contact the Manufacturer "sony" and see if they will be nice :).

I will keep this updated to let you know how i get on. Might take some time but fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Alot of people make the mistake of being too snotty with their first contact and shout about their rights etc. Write it under the assumption that they're going to give you what you're asking.
    Dear Mr. Sony,

On whatever date i bought a yadda yadda, serial number 111111 for X amount from Y. I can supply proof of purchase if required

It has now developed a fault which is yadda yadda.

I am writing to you to request a repair or replacement at no cost to me as soon as possible.

Regards,

BadCharlie

Thats all you need at first, don't stress over receipts etc if you haven't got them to hand. Once you get a reply you'll know their position and can work from that

Best of luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement