Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yamaha RX-V365, dus image passed through it display at full resolution?

• 20-09-2009 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

I just purchased the Yamaha RX-V365 AV recevier. It was a bit of a whim purchase as it was on sale with an ok set of speakers.

The way its currently set up is:

Bluray is connected to receiver via hdmi.
    Bluray is also connected to receiver via digital audio( receiver does not do audio over hdmi).
    HDMI cable is going from receiver to my tv.

Is there any chance that there is a loss of resolution(image clarity) when the bluray digital is getting to the tv via the receiver?

The reason I ask is when looking at receivers online i see that the Yamaha RX-V465 spec says it has 1080p Compatible HDMI inputs, but this is not mentioned on the spec of the RX-V365 and Il want to bring it back if its reducing the quality of my image reaching the tv.,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

The RXV365 has an image pass through for all ports.
    Which means any signal ,whatever quality, is being passed from device; amp ; Tv in that order with minimal quality loss.
    And yes you are correct that the AMP will not support the HD audio from your Bluray via HDMI.

>Sol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fret_wimp

I just got the Yamaha RX-V365. I only realized after i had unpackaged it, set it up, cut all wire to length and packed the boxes away that it has no sound via HDMI and I have to connect the bluray player via HDMI AND optical Audio.

I was quite disappointed that this was not pointed out to me in the store. before i go through the hassle of taking it back and taking a cut in how much i get back due to having cut the wires in length, apart from having more cables to connect, is there any other benefit to having audio out through the HDMI cable?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

I've merged these threads as they both relate to the same piece of equipment - there's no need to start a new thread in this case.

Ritz.

Advertisement