Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE" Late Night stars of poker - Sunday night.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

He's intimidating when he looks like he came from a knackers funeral after having just picked up the award for the smallest knot in a tie.

UL and WP

Keith McFadden deserves a lot of credit for advising me on fashion sense.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

nicnicnic wrote: »
    filmed at 9 a m

boom no ace from space, you could feel him struggling with himself not to say it

He did throw in "a date with an 8" though.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

tonight 12.25 whos on? man my brains a mess after ipo, i should remember as they showed the players at end of last weeks show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

i dont think they did show the players at the end of last weeks show.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

newbie2 wrote: »
    i dont think they did show the players at the end of last weeks show.
    They did, just a forgettable bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Ah John O'Shea and Rory Reese Brennan, I'll watch this.

ah no id like to see how john o shea plays and rory. but im stuck in the otherroom watchin IPO live feed. the wireless connection i have is crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Sure Rees was going for a slowroll call there shocked he folded.
    Ace from space think of something new to say ya plank.

haha how many times did he say it? im watchin ipo instead.
    yet to pay you nicky on last bet. im pm those numbers friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

ferdyfish wrote: »
    haha how many times did he say it? im watchin ipo instead.
    yet to pay you nicky on last bet. im pm those numbers friday!

world of hurt got mentoned liberaly too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

hotspur wrote: »
    Ah John O'Shea and Rory Reese Brennan, I'll watch this.

Their was a full page article in today's Sunday Independent entitled "Young bucks make easy money" or something to that effect with a picture beside showing the two of them. It was about how poker is becoming a career choice for some young people. I had a look but can't find it on the website.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

which internet qualifiers were on last night

some 50yr old fella that makes flys for fishing. and a 19yr old limerick student. thats all i can tell you i only saw the intro

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

ferdyfish wrote: »
    some 50yr old fella that makes flys for fishing. and a 19yr old limerick student. thats all i can tell you i only saw the intro

thanks, not the one i wanted to see so happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

opr wrote: »
    Their was a full page article in today's Sunday Independent entitled "Young bucks make easy money" or something to that effect with a picture beside showing the two of them. It was about how poker is becoming a career choice for some young people. I had a look but can't find it on the website.

Opr

right can't figure out how to post the article here, but anyone can sign up for a free 7 day trial of the indo - all you need is an email address, and the article is on page 36.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Definitely not worth registering for btw, small piece, appalling written. For example second paragraph sentence didn't even make any sense, being something like "They travel to chilly hangars in Vegas to pick up what is essentially free money."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

watched back last nights show on rte player - thought it was decent

Very impressive performance by Reesy, reaffirming to see best player (or player who played the best) win. Obviously got a bit of needed luck but that's always necessary, particularly in this format.

Favourite for the outright win I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

doke wrote: »

Favourite for the outright win I reckon.

eh, you do realise that Roy Brindley is in the final right?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

recorded it and watched today; not the worst ever poker TV program ever seen ...

• Advertisement

eh, you do realise that Roy Brindley is in the final right?

eh, what odds will you give me on Rory v Roy in a Last Longer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

doke wrote: »
    eh, what odds will you give me on Rory v Roy in a Last Longer?
    comon Noel,
    Rory Vs Roy and
    The field Vs Master minded

100 bet

1 all - no bet

if Roy does not turn up, anti post rules apply!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

went over to citywest tonight as a pal of mine was in the final and I have to say it looked very intreguing from the action i seen. i wont give anything away on the results for those who want to watch it pan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

on all but 3 of the shows the commentary is done in post-production

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭legal-eagle

Ugggh that castle fella is such a know it all arrogant dcik!
    Thought I wouldn't like Andrea Roche but she was quite nice, wish she had of dogged him in the hand he knocked her out.

And him telling her what percentage she was to look clever...arsehole (People like him are the reason I can't play live anymore)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

V hard luck to Chris Dowling there - can't do much more than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

Chris deserved to go through imo he played really solid.The castle chap was just looking to gamble with a stack :o raising with junk committing himself then calling it off, some of his plays were questionable calling with 10 4? OOP he really is a pro.Lloyd spanked him heads up.:pac:

Just saying i would find it hard to lose if i had half the chips in the 2nd level, no need to take free shots at people when you can find a spot while they knock each other out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

More girls like the one who played in the last episode and I would certainly play more live poker!!! A big distraction at the table but who cares!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

j10spades wrote: »
    Chris deserved to go through imo he played really solid.The castle chap was just looking to gamble with a stack :o raising with junk committing himself then calling it off, some of his plays were questionable calling with 10 4? OOP he really is a pro.Lloyd spanked him heads up.:pac:

Just saying i would find it hard to lose if i had half the chips in the 2nd level, no need to take free shots at people when you can find a spot while they knock each other out.

Yer man castle was an axxhole imo. Kept saying to DP "I know what I'm doing".
    Eh.. no, you don't actually. Anyone who plays STT's knows you don't get involved OOP when the blinds are low with 10 4os. Then call C-bet with bottom pair and get lucky. Then call all in when it's SSSOOOO obvious your beaten.
    Pfff. Wally and Chris would spank him in a properly structured game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

whoever edits this needs to be fired.. the sound sync is about half a second out .. the start anyhow was hard to tell when they are playing and not saying much

Advertisement