Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE" Late Night stars of poker - Sunday night.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

I missed this tonight.

Anywhere I can watch it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

JP Poker wrote: »
    I missed this tonight.

Anywhere I can watch it online?

JP, you should be able to get it on RTE's website, www.rte.ie, under the 'RTE Player' link probably from tomorrow.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

My god that was so difficult to watch. Every last bit of it. If that was my first time watching televised poker I would never have watched it again.

Trust rte to make ****e out of it. And that presenter I'd rather watch paint dry or lsten to drunks in a karoke bar. :mad:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I had to laugh when the presenter asked the blonde bimbo:
    So, what happened?
    straight after she was knocked with QQ versus AA.
    As far as I remember he put the same question to everyone eliminated.
    :rolleyes:

I was hoping for someone to retort:
    Why, were you in the jacks or something?

An idea for doke maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

A couple of points, how hard would it be to show everyones hole cards, this is important imo, not just the players who are in the pot. Also, why so slow on the graphics with the calls and raises, this was the same for the IO coverage iirc, must be the same production company. At least they didn't spend 5 mins going over the ranking of hands. As for DP, he annoyed me a tad on the open coverage but i watched it last night with the mindset that he doesn't really take himself that seriously and it made it much more bearable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

didnt watch this

1. Who was the presenter? Was it DP Fitzgerald? I take it he was ****e?
    2. Who was the commentator? Was it Emmet Kennedy? Was he any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

This show was not aim at the pro or even boards members, it was create to attract new players to the game and make it look exciting and easy to play which it achieve. If you want to watch top class poker then watch the online games or live streams from events, but don't pick up the remote and expect to see top class poker on a 1 table sit and go with blinds going up every 18 hands.

I think the show will attract new fish to the game and thats good for poker and players alike.

I would ban Andy Black from Television though, he was terrible and look a mess.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Was it my imagination or at the beginning of the show - maybe 15 mins in - I could see the presenter talking to Padraig at the bar WHILE it was commenting on the hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Was it my imagination or at the beginning of the show - maybe 15 mins in - I could see the presenter talking to Padraig at the bar WHILE it was commenting on the hands?

YES, THANK GOD I'M NOT GOING MAD, I thought the excessive drinking day I had was catching up with me, Parky was sitting on the chair at the bar looking over his shoulder whilst simultaneously he was somewhere else commentating on the hand. I was waiting for him to say, "ooh ooh, there's me at the bar, I thought I was off the drink, why you double crossing, what will I tell the missus" but then I switched it off to watch Family Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

doke, how about some over-exaggerated facial expressions when u look at ur cards? "zomg i got de acers!!" and twenty bucks shipped to u on stars if u can fit "bling blang blaow" into ur exit interview/victory rant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Whenever you start doing a bit bad, jump under the table and come back up dressed as Captain Chaos, saying "Dun dun DUNNNN!!"
    and refer to yourself as HIM! for the rest of the show

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Chaos

98e8600818260400

1a2058416796a664

Cannonball Run nerdery ft....prop bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

Ollieboy wrote: »
    This show was not aim at the pro or even boards members, it was create to attract new players to the game and make it look exciting and easy to play which it achieve. If you want to watch top class poker then watch the online games or live streams from events, but don't pick up the remote and expect to see top class poker on a 1 table sit and go with blinds going up every 18 hands.

I think the show will attract new fish to the game and thats good for poker and players alike.

I would ban Andy Black from Television though, he was terrible and look a mess.

Spot on, it was a programme designed to be attractive to newish players hence stars involvement. The commentator was err.... not an attractive women in her 20's (though he had the hairstyle) which is a big mistake imho.
    Ban Andy from TV because he looked a mess? Jo Brand and Vanessa Phelps had better prey you never become a tv commissioner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

mocata wrote: »
    doke, how about some over-exaggerated facial expressions when u look at ur cards? "zomg i got de acers!!" and twenty bucks shipped to u on stars if u can fit "bling blang blaow" into ur exit interview/victory rant
    This! If you can get a bling blang blaow on the telly it would be genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

fatguy wrote: »
    This! If you can get a bling blang blaow on the telly it would be genius.

Agreed.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

try get a meow in instead of a now? like on super troopers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

The issue is not whether Doke should bling blang blow but why is he not on as a pro.

Considering you can smoke these 'has been' pro players anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

doke wrote: »
    Agreed.:D

If someone starts a bing blang blaow for charity collection I'll donate,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

hotspur wrote: »
    I don't want to watch Kerry Katona playing Serena Williams at tennis, I don't want to watch a randomer playing Kasparov at chess, and I certainly don't want to watch some z list blond, an ex rugger, and two randoms playing Marty Smyth and Andy Black at poker.

Doke it is your boards duty to do something to liven this up. Something along the lines of Barry Greenstein's "Lol donkaments" for charity. I'd pay quite a lot for you to knock DP Fitzgerald the f*** out, but I understand if 9am is too early for that kind of behaviour.

Any suggestions for the hero Doke?

The have you seen my new shoes trick deserves a televised debut imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Daithio9

didnt watch this

1. Who was the presenter? Was it DP Fitzgerald? I take it he was ****e?
    2. Who was the commentator? Was it Emmet Kennedy? Was he any use?
    1. Yes DP was the presenter and he was up to his usually standard. i.e. total clueless s***e.
    2. Yes I think the commentator was Emment Kennedy and he was okay as was he's co commentator Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Daithio9 wrote: »
    1. Yes DP was the presenter and he was up to his usually standard. i.e. total clueless s***e.
    2. Yes I think the commentator was Emment Kennedy and he was okay as was he's co commentator Padraig.

thanks - Emmet is new to Poker commentary - he might be ok!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

thanks - Emmet is new to Poker commentary - he might be ok!
    hes like to card every card the king BALL or 4Ball etc, trying a bit too hard i think but could do worse. he was okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

cant see it anywhere online??

also glad to see that the K Ball is catching on, but hopefully not too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

X-factor poker. But you just have to watch the train-wrecks.

I thought Emmet was very good as the straight man. He avoided the pitfall that a lot of commentators paired with Padraig fall into: try to out-pisstake the pisstakemeister, resulting into the whole thing descending into 2 schoolboys giggling at each other's jokes while some poker happens in the background.

Padraig was very good too, managing to get the balance right between the viewing public who would know a bit about poker, those who wouldn't but would like to learn a little, and those who don't.

If someone starts a bing blang blaow for charity collection I'll donate,.

OK, I nominate Irish Autism Action as the charity. Taking pledges now.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

cant see it anywhere online??

also glad to see that the K Ball is catching on, but hopefully not too much!

It's not up yet . . . well I hope that's just the case. If RTE put it up you should find it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

If RTE put this up I'll be surprised. Is there an audience for Mass on Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

€20 pledge to start you off

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Cool, in for €20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

Yep €20 inski

Advertisement