Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray Jack Russell found, looking for owner

• 20-09-2009 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi,
    I took in a stray jack russell (i think) tonight in Ardkeen Village around 10.30pm. I had seen it wondering around at 10:10pm but didn't take much notice of it.
    I stood outside my door for 30 mins playing with the dog and no sign of owner or anyone walking around looking for a dog.

It has no id tag on it but does have a collar. It's a very active and very friendly pup. It has a cut to the nose after an encounter with a local cat.

Tried ringing Waterford S.P.C.A. tonight but just got through to a voicemail.
    Planning on ringing Waterford Dog Shelter in the morning to get them to collect the dog if no one claims it.

I'm not really into cats or dogs so I cant hold onto it plus there is no one in the house regularly to keep it company so it would be cruel to have a dog in my house.
    I have the pup in my hallway and praying his wont pee and crap in my house.
    I've given him some water and food.

Is it ok to hold onto him or should I let him out? I don't really know cause I'm not into cats and dogs.
    He doesn't look like the type of dog who should out wondering alone at night.

Anyone recognise the dog?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Mickdots

that dog was down by poleberry today. stick it on the lost dog radio station (wlr)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 nyquist

he may not even be from waterford. I'll email WLR now so they will have message in the morning, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

he is a lovely little fella. Hope ya find his owner.

Quick update:

He is now down in the city pound - http://www.waterfordcity.ie/environment/dogshelter.htm

Owner has 5 days to claim or else he will be re-homed.
    I was told he has a very good chance of been re-homed.

Just got word from Dog Shelter to say that owners collected the dog today and they were over the moon to hear he was safe and sound. Dog was originally from Ballytruckle, owners said he had got loose and escaped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

nyquist wrote: »
    Just got word from Dog Shelter to say that owners collected the dog today and they were over the moon to hear he was safe and sound. Dog was originally from Ballytruckle, owners said he had got loose and escaped.

Nice one, fair play to you :)

Advertisement