Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aer lingus lisbon conspiracy

• 21-09-2009 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not a regular visitor to these boards but a recent ad by aer lingus got me going. They are offering a deal on flights to lisbon and the ad is full of happy ideas about the place. Is this an attempt by the yes side to subliminally tell people that the treaty is a good thing and to vote yes? :eek: Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Maqnus

I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

I'm not a regular visitor to these boards but a recent ad by aer lingus got me going. They are offering a deal on flights to lisbon and the ad is full of happy ideas about the place. Is this an attempt by the yes side to subliminally tell people that the treaty is a good thing and to vote yes? :eek: Thoughts?

You spotted it too:cool: did you see my post about it before you posted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

macshadow wrote: »
    You spotted it too:cool: did you see my post about it before you posted?

no didn't sorry. link?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

no didn't sorry. link?

thanks, thats interesting. it's in the "subliminal message used in rigged independent referendum commission's guide" thread near the end of the page, post no 101.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I was just thinking about that when I saw that ad earlier today.
    "Lisbon is a great place, happy happy, la la la".
    At least Michael O'Leary just came out and said what he thought about Lisbon.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I'd say it was more of a case of using Lisbon to promote Aer Lingus as apposed to using Aer Lingus to promote Lisbon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    I'd say it was more of a case of using Lisbon to promote Aer Lingus as apposed to using Aer Lingus to promote Lisbon

so is it possible that the whole lisbon treaty and multiple referenda were just for the purpose of propping up aer lingus?? :eek: omg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,297 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GaNjaHaN wrote: »

Pretty much my opinion too. Aer Lingus merely capitalised on a marketing ploy. Same with any company who offer 'recession-busting prices' or whatever. They are using something which will be in the media in order to promote their own company. ie. after seeing the ad, the next time they here a news report about the Lisbon Treaty, they will think of Aer Lingus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

so is it possible that the whole lisbon treaty and multiple referenda were just for the purpose of propping up aer lingus?? omg!

You are joking then, yeah?
    Pretty much my opinion too. Aer Lingus merely capitalised on a marketing ploy. Same with any company who offer 'recession-busting prices' or whatever. They are using something which will be in the media in order to promote their own company. ie. after seeing the ad, the next time they here a news report about the Lisbon Treaty, they will think of Aer Lingus

What he said.
    Similarily, if they had had a hot woman in the commercial well then without a doubt it's an evil attempt to make us want to have sex, as opposed to an attempt to associate their product with 'sex'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

did any of ye watch the show on telly the other night were he played a short video sending subliminal messages to try an see could he get people at home to be stuck in there chair,,,,, it was prity crazy , personly it fuxxed me up for about an hour

"sorry the details of the show aren't great as i said it fuxxed me up!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

I had teh exact same thought yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

your not a regular visitor??? over 10 thousand posts i beg to differ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

They tried the same thing with the Nice Treaty, they called it "Nice" so everyone would think it was lovely.

The next treaty will probably be the Treaty of Brest.

MarkK wrote: »
    They tried the same thing with the Nice Treaty, they called it "Nice" so everyone would think it was lovely.

The next treaty will probably be the Treaty of Brest.

You do know that the 2 Treaties before that were Maastricht and Amsterdam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 severely

To be honest I taught the advertising campaign by Aer Lingus was a bit cynical considering they are controlled largely by FF with taxpayers money. I think the big YES bill boards had a subliminal message that definitely irked me.

severely wrote: »
    To be honest I taught the advertising campaign by Aer Lingus was a bit cynical considering they are controlled largely by FF with taxpayers money.

The Government only own about 25% of Aer Lingus. Ryanair have a larger stake in Aer Lingus than the Government has. And wouldn't the reason that the government owns 25% be because Aer Lingus is the national airline of Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You do know that the 2 Treaties before that were Maastricht and Amsterdam?
    Masstrict was aimed at disciplined Catholics and Amsterdam was for those who love drugs and prostitutes. :D

Advertisement