Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moneybookers vs Neteller

Options
  • 21-09-2009 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭

Speaking to a lot of people recently, it seems that the majority are still using Neteller. Is there any reason in particular that people still use them?

I switched to Moneybookers about 12 months ago and estimate that ive saved thousands of Euros by doing so.

Moneybookers are cheaper when depositing/withdrawing at rooms that subtract transaction fees. They're also far cheaper to do Moneybookers to Moneybookers transfers (max €0.50) as opposed to Neteller who charge a flat 1% or 1.9%. Netellers currency exchange fees for transferring from US to Euro or vice versa are also higher than Moneybookers.

I really dont understand why anyone still uses Neteller. Luckily they shut down my account about 15 times in 2007/2008 because they lock down the account when you logon from a different country. Otherwise, I may still have been paying their ripoff fees.

How do you deposit/withdraw online? 57 votes

Neteller
    0% 0 votes
    Moneybookers
    22% 13 votes
    Other (Credit/Debit Card, Bamk Draft, Other Ewallet) etc
    77% 44 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,301 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The only downside to MB is the initial limits. But they ae quite easy to increase. As I said before moneybookers>neteller

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

I use moneybookers for $ transactions which is what I mainly deal in and use Neteller for € ones. It's pretty handy to have both really. I have heard that MB are going to be bringing out a Mastercard debit card which will come in handy as well, but I do much rather using MB for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

digiman wrote: »
    I use moneybookers for $ transactions which is what I mainly deal in and use Neteller for € ones. It's pretty handy to have both really. I have heard that MB are going to be bringing out a Mastercard debit card which will come in handy as well, but I do much rather using MB for some reason

I've got a Moneybookers VIP account which allows you to have a separate $ and € account. They say you need to deposit 10k to sites in order to get accepted for the VIP program, but I just threatened to move back to Neteller and they upgraded me.

I chat with alot of European players and I'd say 90%+ are still using Neteller. It just puzzles me why anyone still uses them.

With regards the limits, all you need to do is verify your address to get a $7500 limit. Verifying your bank account gets you another $7500 and credit card gets you even more.

If you have a VIP account there are no limits at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

ianmc38 wrote: »
    I've got a Moneybookers VIP account which allows you to have a separate $ and € account. They say you need to deposit 10k to sites in order to get accepted for the VIP program, but I just threatened to move back to Neteller and they upgraded me.

I chat with alot of European players and I'd say 90%+ are still using Neteller. It just puzzles me why anyone still uses them.

With regards the limits, all you need to do is verify your address to get a $7500 limit. Verifying your bank account gets you another $7500 and credit card gets you even more.

If you have a VIP account there are no limits at all...

Whilst i was not a fan of MB at the start i can safely say it is miles ahead of Neteller. I have a VIP account which can be a good & bad thing :rolleyes: Pretty sure they waive some of the charges if you have a VIP account

Aye. My one gripe with Moneybookers is that their standard email support is piss poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I switched from NT to MB about a year ago. I have no idea why I waited so long. MB is really light and easy to use and far cheaper, whereas NT are expensive, inefficient and, above all, pig ignorant, rude bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Never had any problems with NT, cheap vip charges, mastercard debit card, havent needed anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

How does this work? Are they associated with different email addresses?

Zab wrote: »
    How does this work? Are they associated with different email addresses?

Yeah, both are associated with different emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Moneybookers is the dogs b*ll*x.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

They say you need to deposit 10k to sites in order to get accepted for the VIP program, but I just threatened to move back to Neteller and they upgraded me.

Fairly sure its down to 5k now.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

Having the a euro and usd account seems very handy... Ill be moving to MB very soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishKestrel

Have Neteller recently stopped accepting Mastercard. Haven't deposited money on it in a while - but tried to do so last week and the Mastercard option (and Laser card) option had disappeared.

Sounds like it might be worth looking at an alternative. Will try Moneybookers - seems it has a lot of fans on Boards:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

I use Neteller and dont find any problems with it and i find the nett plus card a gift, its the very same as having a credit card, well the same use anyway.
    They also do prmotions every so often, like this month all transactions are free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭NiPoker

Neteller have some virtual prepay card that you can use, which is great.

I.e a virtual credit card that expires after 2 days of you generating the number. Its really handy.

You also get reductions if your VIP on cash outs etc.. just seems handier to me.

I never liked MB support, thought it was horrid. The dual currency thing seems pretty awesome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Good thread, moneybookers seems much better.

Is there any easy way to get Neteller moneys to Moneybookers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I've got a Moneybookers VIP account which allows you to have a separate $ and € account.

Wow. I had no idea about that.
    Sweet.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Good thread, moneybookers seems much better.

Is there any easy way to get Neteller moneys to Moneybookers?
    Through your bank, withdraw from NT, deposit to MB.
    I've always perfered MB, just seams to run much smoother for me. If you play high limits, you need to get the limit put up. But its not exactly difficult.

(ps shill sign link in my sig :D)

Neteller charge 2.5% to withdraw to bank accounts. :eek:
    Jebus they are some shower of robbing bastards.

Long time Neteller user. Joined Moneybookers last month based on this thread. Much, much better experience. Will not be going back to Neteller.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭bSlick

Why dont people just use credit/debit cards and not have to worry about extorionate fees and currency exchanges from neteller/moneybookers?

bSlick wrote: »
    Why dont people just use credit/debit cards and not have to worry about extorionate fees and currency exchanges from neteller/moneybookers?

Credit cards are reasonably efficient for lodging money - but can be a nightmare when withdrawing money (especially Mastercard).

If you regularly withdraw money from your poker account - you either wait for a cheque or use Neteller or Moneybookers. For security reasons - PS will often raise a security block if you lodge via Credit Card and try to withdraw via Neteller / Moneybookers. You can't withdraw to your Mastercard.

debit cards will state money is going to poker sites which banks don't like - using moneybookers - banks don't have a clue where your money is going...

Well I don't own a credit card, nor do I plan to.

Most cards are a nightmare to withdraw to.
    Most people like to pretend they are winning players, having a moneybookers account is a good way to pretend you actually withdraw cash ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭bSlick

Credit cards are reasonably efficient for lodging money - but can be a nightmare when withdrawing money (especially Mastercard).

Reasonably efficient? You just input the amount you want, then your card details, and that's it, money in the account. As for withdrawing, just type the amount you want and two-three days later it's in your bank account. I've been using a laser card and a visa card for the last 4 years for online poker and never had one problem. The only problem I ever encountered regarding withdrawing and lodging cash to poker sites was when I used Neteller and got ripped off a fortune in fees and a joke of an exchange rate.
    If you regularly withdraw money from your poker account - you either wait for a cheque or use Neteller or Moneybookers.
    Or click withdraw to credit card and have it in your bank account in 2-3 days, without having paid extortionate fees.
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    debit cards will state money is going to poker sites which banks don't like - using moneybookers - banks don't have a clue where your money is going...

This is hardly an issue for Irish poker players, no Irish bank cares if money is coming from a poker site.

The only negative I can see for using a credit card is because it "can be a nightmare when withdrawing money (especially Mastercard)" according to IrishKestrel. In that case get a Visa card and you will no problems and will no longer have to give over 1-2% of your cash in fees as with Neteller (not sure how much moneybookers charge). Neteller also apply a brutal conversion rate so in effect you get hit twice, they are a pack of cowboys as far as I'm concerned.

Reasonably efficient? You just input the amount you want, then your card details, and that's it, money in the account. As for withdrawing, just type the amount you want and two-three days later it's in your bank account. I've been using a laser card and a visa card for the last 4 years for online poker and never had one problem. The only problem I ever encountered regarding withdrawing and lodging cash to poker sites was when I used Neteller and got ripped off a fortune in fees and a joke of an exchange rate.

Or click withdraw to credit card and have it in your bank account in 2-3 days, without having paid extortionate fees.

Most sites will only let you withdraw to credit card what you have deposited. That's not much use for winning players.

This is hardly an issue for Irish poker players, no Irish bank cares if money is coming from a poker site.

They can care if you are applying for a loan or mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I also am a bit confused why more people don't cash out to a debit card or direct to their bank a/c. Both are easy to set up on iPoker. I suppose if you have an external RB a/c you might need an ewallet, but for regular iP withdrawals the other options are there and simple.

well in the past a poker player on this forum had problems getting mortgages and it only came down to poker transactions...

Withdrawing money from poker sites cost me nothing. Transferring to my bank account to MB costs almost nothing as well. I dont know what these extortionate fees are. In fact, most poker rooms absorb deposit and withdrawal fees. The majority of those that dont subtract it from MGR when calculating rakeback payments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ddmmcc1983

can some1 tell me the best way to get in contact with moneybookers??tanx in advance

Advertisement