Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moneybookers vs Neteller

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Mullicker

Moneybookers fee for withdrawing is €1.80 no matter how much you are withdrawing. Not exactly extortionate:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Daithio9

Mullicker wrote: »
    Moneybookers fee for withdrawing is €1.80 no matter how much you are withdrawing.
    It's free for laser, the fee you refer to is for bank tranfers and visa only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Mullicker

I'm using laser and getting charged 1.80. Must look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I switched to moneybookers as a result of this thread (made the mistake of signing up to neteller only a few weeks before finding this thread).

Happy with it generally, but I have to say this is a bit sh1t:

Your verification letter was sent to the address registered on your account on 13/10/2009.
    If you have not received your verification letter, please be patient as it can take 2-5 working days to arrive. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that your letter will arrive. If this is the case then your address cannot be verified.

ffs, I get all my other mail, re-send.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 paulmooney

ddmmcc1983 wrote: »
    can some1 tell me the best way to get in contact with moneybookers??tanx in advance

+44 870 383 0232
    There is there number, sometimes they are hard to understand but are very helpful..

Back on the thread moneybookers are the ones for me, not many charges and never had any problems with them:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 merc998

There very good to use ive heard of people giving out about them but ive had no problems with them all +44 870 383 0232 if you want to contact them they will walk to through everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I've only recently joined up to Moneybookers and I made my first deposit to a poker site this morning.

On XE.com $1000 = €695 today.
    I understand that there would be slight differences and expected maybe a few euro extra, but €712 was taken out of my MB account.

Who is getting this €17? How much of it is a charg and how much is a poor exchange rate? Is it MoneyBookers charging the terrible exchange rate, or is it the poker skin?

Perhaps this is standard, I never really paid much attention to it before when using my credit card...not sure why I checked it today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

jimbling wrote: »
    I've only recently joined up to Moneybookers and I made my first deposit to a poker site this morning.

I understand that there would be slight differences and expected maybe a few euro extra, but €712 was taken out of my MB account.

Who is getting this €17? How much of it is a charg and how much is a poor exchange rate? Is it MoneyBookers charging the terrible exchange rate, or is it the poker skin?

Perhaps this is standard, I never really paid much attention to it before when using my credit card...not sure why I checked it today.

xe.com gives you the mid rate it is not the rate you would get when changing money:

http://www.xe.com/faq/rates_buyorsellrates.php

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

jimbling wrote: »

Moneybookers exchange rate is only a tiny bit worse than the market rates, but they charge 1.99% for "possible currency fluctuations" or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I was under the impression that with moneybookers, you could withdraw funds to credit card unrelated to the amount you had deposited via credit card.

But right now it says I can only withdraw a very small amount (a fraction of my balance).
    Actually, the amount I'm allowed withdraw is actually smaller than what I've deposited.
    Can anyone clarify if I was wrong originally?

It's the main reason I signed up...

Edit: Also, the amount it says I can withdraw via credit changes sometimes when I click back in, anywhere from $117, now it says 60cent.
    Weird.

• Advertisement
Advertisement