Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion - Boards Guild 2

Options
  • 21-09-2009 2:34am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there enough Elyos players to get something going folks? Currently 4/5 hours into the game, loving it, as i knew i would. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Am playing on Spatalos and on the Elyos side with a few ex-Lotro players. Feel free to join our little group by posting in the below forum...

http://www.callforblood.org/forum/index.php

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

thanks man :D

now if only i could get BACK onto the flippin server! 3 hours waiting time!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Yeah, wait time is a pain. Was reading on the offical forums and there seem to be a lot of people setting up a private store with crazy prices so they get to keep their spot in the game when going afk. I dread to think what the 'real' launch will be like....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

jaymes420 wrote: »
    id say they will work out a way to handle the server queues, their saying on the official website that their going to be adding another EU server by the weekend!, i just hope it works out, theirs mad hype over this game, so everybody wants to get in, i just hope my local Gamestop will be stocking it, *fingers crossed*, for those who are interested in giving it a go for free, you should check out the private server http://infiniteaion.com/ , the full client is needed ;),

So far their way of handling these queues is to add another server, but this server is also their way to accomodate all of the new players coming on from tomorrow. It's a joke tbh... I haven't played for the past 2 nights as I don't have time to queue for 2/3 hours.

If they don't come up with a solution then the queues will be worse and will be happening on all English servers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is the same thing that happens on any popular MMO, and Aion has been as anticipated as any in recent memory. Its annoying yes, but it will be resolved. I remember queuing for Bladefist in Warcraft for over 2-3 hours back in teh day.
    jaymes420 wrote: »
    for those who are interested in giving it a go for free, you should check out the private server *********** , the full client is needed ;),
    I'd edit that post if i were you jaymes420. Its (assumably) against the EULA to play private servers, and its definitely against the boards.ie rules to post them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

A bunch of us as Elyos on Castor. Much shorter queues there too...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

meh i barely had any queue last night (20 mins) so im gonna stay put on spatalos

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jaymes420

Ivan wrote: »
    A bunch of us as Elyos on Castor. Much shorter queues there too...

yeah thats what i signed up to, unfortunately i just logged on and all servers are down :(

servers are down for an hour max. they're changing how the private store works.

yeah i think i read something about that on the main site last night, i cant even get past the log in screen,

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    This is the same thing that happens on any popular MMO, and Aion has been as anticipated as any in recent memory. Its annoying yes, but it will be resolved. I remember queuing for Bladefist in Warcraft for over 2-3 hours back in teh day.

I'd edit that post if i were you jaymes420. Its (assumably) against the EULA to play private servers, and its definitely against the boards.ie rules to post them.

thats for the heads up about that post of mine, had no idea, message deleted,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Thinking of gettign this or champions online! Is it owrth it and are tehy gonna sort out the waitign times.... and the big one.. will it run on my laptop?

it is: Toshiba Satellite Pro A 17" (2.4GHz) 2GB, Radeon HD3470, 250GB,

Thinking of gettign this or champions online! Is it owrth it and are tehy gonna sort out the waitign times.... and the big one.. will it run on my laptop?

it is: Toshiba Satellite Pro A 17" (2.4GHz) 2GB, Radeon HD3470, 250GB,

you shouldn't have a problem running it on your laptop, judging from the minimum requirements your laptop is definitely within range, in my own opinion i think they keep MMO's well within the area of what most peoples computers are capable of, theirs too many people playing for them to have super specs, the greater majority of people dont have a high spec computer, as for waiting times, i think that depens which server you use and luck of the draw, i had no wait time logging onto the Castor server today,

Excellent cheers.. looking forward to getting thsi game after work. Have been waiting to buy Champions Online but prob just gonna get this altho the server wait tiems is kinda turning me off it and still might pick up Champions... See how im feeling when i get to Gamestop.

Excellent cheers.. looking forward to getting thsi game after work. Have been waiting to buy Champions Online but prob just gonna get this altho the server wait tiems is kinda turning me off it and still might pick up Champions... See how im feeling when i get to Gamestop.

as far as i know their doing all they can to fix the server waiting times, they added a new English server too, like i said, i didnt have to wait at all today, i think its just lucky or unlucky, but its a great game none the less, its worth picking up if your looking for a new MMO and the flying is great fun,

Definilty looking for a new MMO but will still always have WoW to fall back on.
    I like the fast action of Champions and also the depth and EPicness off Aion. Tough choice but think ill go with Aion.

wow will always be a classic!, i spend a lot of hours on wow lol, and also gained about 2 stone thanks to it haha, what i like about Aion is the campaign Quests that are specifically linked to the over all story of Aion, wow was definitely more of a "own adventure" type of MMO, which isnt a bad thing, but its nice to have quests that are links to what im sure will be an epic story,

Advertisement