Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Need help with Starting College late

Options
  • 21-09-2009 3:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi everyone, Just wondering if there's anyone out there who is doing the business course in WIT that can tell me how much I would have missed in the way of work(being out until now due to illness).

And could people tell me if the registration for the societies is closed or will I be able to work something out.

Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Moonmad

Heya,

I'm not doing the business course, just started a masters. I can't imagine you've missed too much, usually it takes a few weeks for the timetable to settle down. You should chat to your lecturers they'd be the first port of call i imagine. Plus you'll be able to get notes on moodle or other stuff photocopied.

As far as i know registration for clubs and socs is this week, Mon in Coll Street and Tues in Main Campus. Even if you have missed it you can always pop into the clubs and socs office at the main campus.

Hope you're feeling better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭FV-Emperor

I feel tons better thanks. Its hardly an ideal situation I know but I'm determined as anything to get every assignment/Notes etc I missed.

Thanks for the heads up on the Society front!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

would your course be the business study honours degree?? i have a freind in that and i can ask him what u have missed out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Yeah I'm in the BBS Hons Course. We've done barely anything so far tbh, apart from being split up into groups for 'Prof. Written Communication.'

You'd catch up in a day or 2 no problem really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭m3llowship

Hey man!

I'm in BBS year 2, I wouldnt worry about much, ya dont cover a whole lot of work until this week!

And on a side note, though not recommended, there are a lot of people who missed a load more lectures than that and still manage to pass.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

In general, its not to late. A few hours in the library will get you back on track and up to date. :)

Clubs & Socs finished their "open days" today, but, you can still register through Clubs & Socs or by coming along to any meeting/event the club/soc has organised. Some will have stalls again throughout the year.

Nothing to worry about anyway - you will be fine!

Thanks a mil guys! you've put my mind at ease.
    Yeah I'll start racing to get back the work I missed as soon as I arrive.
    And hopefully add to the institute that recently won the times's Institute of the year.

Cheers again everyone, see ye in the library:)

Yeah I'm coming in On Friday, if anyone's doing business and sees a guy who looks like hes' lost, help him out
    .........that'll be me:P

Advertisement