Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Trubo Trainer

Options
  • 21-09-2009 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

I'm considering buying a turbo trainer in the next week or two. Probably around the €300/400 price range. I would much prefer to spend it on a better second hand machine, so I thought I'd put this out there before parting with my cash.

Please note €300/400 is a guide, not a target. I would be perfectly happy with a €200 or less second hand trainer, as long as it's in good condition.

Please: No smart comments about the thread title. I can't type.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I have an immaculate TACX Flow which I'd be willing to part with:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=97

Send me a PM if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

That link doesn't seem to be working

Is it this one: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=9756

Yes, that's the one.
    Morgan wrote: »
    Send me a PM if you're interested.

Or am I breaking the rules again?

It's pretty much as-new if I recall - I'll give it a dusting and take some photos. Would be asking about €275.

Yes, that's the one.

Or am I breaking the rules again?

It's pretty much as-new if I recall - I'll give it a dusting and take some photos. Would be asking about €275.

Not sure on the rules when you didn't actually advertise it for sale.

I've a couple of questions:

What all comes with the package?
    Can the HRM be currently used or do any extras need to be bought (ie strap etc)
    Does it come with the front wheel support?
    Are you the first owner and has it had much use. How old is it?
    How long since it's been used
    Any particular reason for the sale

I assume you've used it yourself. Any thoughts on it or is there anything else I should know.

In relation to the price, I'd have to think about it. You probably should have linked to a more expensive website.:). (only messing, I would have looked anyway). €275 is only about 20% of the new price at current exchange rates.

Carb wrote: »
    What all comes with the package?
    Can the HRM be currently used or do any extras need to be bought (ie strap etc)
    Does it come with the front wheel support?
    Are you the first owner and has it had much use. How old is it?
    How long since it's been used
    Any particular reason for the sale

I assume you've used it yourself. Any thoughts on it or is there anything else I should know.

There's the traininer unit, computer, cadence sensor, riser block, wheel skewer.

It works with Polar HRM straps. If you don't already have one I could give you my old one.

Yes, comes with wheel support

I bought it from Wheelworx in Clondalkin in early 2008. Used during my training for L'Etape. Haven't been doing much road riding since then so it hasn't seen much use this year at all.

This model was recommended to me by a few riders I know. I was happy with it but don't see myself using a turbo as part of my training this season (it's all about cyclocross these days...)

• Advertisement

There's the traininer unit, computer, cadence sensor, riser block, wheel skewer.

It works with Polar HRM straps. If you don't already have one I could give you my old one.

Yes, comes with wheel support

I bought it from Wheelworx in Clondalkin in early 2008. Used during my training for L'Etape. Haven't been doing much road riding since then so it hasn't seen much use this year at all.

This model was recommended to me by a few riders I know. I was happy with it but don't see myself using a turbo as part of my training this season (it's all about cyclocross these days...)

I might be interested. I'll discuss it with the chief financial officer tonight to see if I can get a budget sanctioned. I'll let you know one way or the other tomorrow.

Ok Morgan, I'm interested, depending on price.

I've no idea what you paid for it, although I'm sure it cost much more then than it does in the shops now, and I know you didn't actually advertise it for sale so I'm not sure whether you really want rid of it, or whether it's just a case of you'll sell if you get a good price.

Slanecycles have it for sale at the moment for £290/€320 which isn't a million miles away from what you're looking. What can you do on the price, or would you rather hold on to it below this level?

The trail has sort of gone dead on the one Morgan was selling. I'll probably order new tonight, but if anyone comes up with something before then, I'll be glad to hear about it.

Advertisement