Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extras Work Whos the best Comany to get work off ?

Options
  • 21-09-2009 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

I would love to do some extra work. love doin it have done it over the years but not done any in the last 3 years,

I heard about Movie Extras. But I feel that you shouldnt have to pay to do extra work in ireland.

Ive done work years ago and never had to pay at all. dont think we should have too.

Your standing there for 12 hours doin a scene for a film or ad. and why should we get charged for just standing there.

Dont think they charge in any other country.

Been to La they didnt charge me there.

your thoughts on any place givin you extra work or extra work in general

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

movie extras is the only extras agency I am aware of. Done a bunch of day through them on about 7-8 different productions. There are a couple of other websites promoting text subscription services but they are only posting widely known opening without actual being a point of contact for said position. Some people who do alot of extras work have their own agent. I don't think this costs anything but an agent will choose who they represent.

If it is something you are really determined to you could take a good look at iftn.ie (Irish film and television news) and if a particular production company is in the process of producing something possible you could contact with a head shot and relevant information.

Another idea is you could check out www.filmmakersnetwork.ie

Won't cost you anything to join, but most of the people on their are student film makers so most opening there are low budget or zero budget shoots. Won't cost you anything but you prolly won't get paid either.

Apart from that check out filmbase in temple bar. You"ll find some good points of contact on both iftn.ie and filmmakersnetwork.ie and in filmbase. Can't think of anything else right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

greenmachine you legend sounds amazing. it does would love to do some work with them thank you mate
    movie extras is the only extras agency I am aware of. Done a bunch of day through them on about 7-8 different productions. There are a couple of other websites promoting text subscription services but they are only posting widely known opening without actual being a point of contact for said position. Some people who do alot of extras work have their own agent. I don't think this costs anything but an agent will choose who they represent.

If it is something you are really determined to you could take a good look at iftn.ie (Irish film and television news) and if a particular production company is in the process of producing something possible you could contact with a head shot and relevant information.

Another idea is you could check out www.filmmakersnetwork.ie

Won't cost you anything to join, but most of the people on their are student film makers so most opening there are low budget or zero budget shoots. Won't cost you anything but you prolly won't get paid either.

Apart from that check out filmbase in temple bar. You"ll find some good points of contact on both iftn.ie and filmmakersnetwork.ie and in filmbase. Can't think of anything else right now.

• Company Representative Posts: 103 Verified rep MovieExtras.ie: Derek

Just to clarify, people do get paid when they are on set, this can range from e77 to e150 for a full day and up to e8,000 for an advert (recently we had two members receiving this). Of course we do work with student and zero budget productions where there is no payment, but generally for stuff like this the artist will be given lines or maybe an acting part which is good for the cv

People pay to be listed on our directory which is available to production companies and casting directors in Ireland. This can save an individual time and costs, compared to contacting the 500 production companies who are registered to use our service

We are currently involved in a production which requires between 200 to 300 people every week, also we have about 10 production companies viewing cv's every week for drama to advert purposes

There is no obligation to register with ourselves, as other posters have noted, check out places like filmbase, IFTN, nixers etc for details of some jobs, though we have been involved in most of the productions this year. We also, have a page dedicated to tv productions requiring audience and participants

Derek
    MovieExtras.ie

Advertisement