Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged floors

Options
  • 21-09-2009 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just moved into a new apartment. There appears to have been some water damage to the wooden floors outside the main bathroom in the past and some of the floors are chipped. It was never mentioned to me by the letting agent but I'm thinking is it possible for the lanlord to turn around and say I was resposible? Never even noticed it when I moved in as there was a large rug over it.

Should I just run it by the landlord?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

yes i definatly would clear this. The last thing you want is your deposit deducted due to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Mugatu

Cheers for the quick response.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Best to take some dated photos and send them to the landlord, keeping copies.

Possibly phrase your letter along the lines of "just to let you know I spotted this and to let you know, because I'm worried for your property".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

The latter is always a good line to take. It's civil and non-confrontational but still lets the landlord know you're clued in to everything.

Advertisement