Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Adoption?

Options
  • 21-09-2009 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've heard that it is possible to mind a dog for a little while at Christmas. Do you guys know of any pounds/dog shelters which do this? I have 2 weeks off a Christmas and would love to mind a dog.

It would only be temporary as I am not in a position to take care of another dog long term but I'm sure 2 weeks outside the shelter would be a nice break. Might even be able to find it a long term owner.
    Thanks,
    Kev

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wexford202

Hi Kev

I am sure that the kennel or shelter would be delighted even if you could give a dog a home for a couple of weeks. Cann in the next day you are free and put your name down.

You might not be able to collect it until Christmas eve in case it finds a home but I am sure it wouldn't be a problem.

Even an add in your local paper to say that yo are free to mind for 2 weeks might be taken up by someone going away for Christmas to another country.

I would love it if I was going away for the holidays and a home was being offered for a couple of weeks.

Best of luck with it and well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Most shelters would be happy to foster out dogs for the xmas, remember they are run by usually unpaid volunteers that have a life also and would be happy to have less work to do over the xmas.
    Contact a few anyways to tell them your interested, most usually don't adopt out dogs/cats around the xmas period so would have probably a good few dogs in kennels. If you could even do a bit of basic training such as housetraining and a few commands such as sit it would greatly improve the chance of the dog getting a home.
    Dogs in Distress work on a purely fostering basis so it might be worth contacting them.

Advertisement