Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry 8310 + Skype

Options
  • 21-09-2009 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I'm hoping you might be able to help me out with something. A colleage of mine has the above Blackberry and is trying to get Skype up and running on the handset. As far as I'm aware that particular model doesn't have Wi-Fi built-in but does have 3G. Is there an application available for him to use Skype?

He's done lots of googling and trawled through the Blackberry website but has had no luck so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

yeah I use fring,you can use it for skype,msn,google talk and many more things it works perfect..link http://www.fring.com/default.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hi Thomas,

Many thanks for that. What network are you on? I think his problem might be to do with vodafone rather than the phone itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

I'm meteor but mainly use wifi for it although ive used the network b4 with no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

http://share.skype.com/sites/en/2010/02/verizon.html

Has anyone seen the app available on euro blackberrys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

No I don't think it has 3g. If with vodafone he has the added problem of them not supporting edge. There are apps there for the blackberry but without 3g or edge he is gonna have a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 00bri

As far as I know the data from a Blackberry is proxied. Vodafone could be blocking VOIP traffic using this proxy to force you to use their voice network. I had to get a hs.vodafone.ie data plan for my Blackberry so I could use a MagicJack while the BB is tethered in order to join conference calls for work which are hosted in the USA. The data plan still works out cheaper per month than if I was to use International calling with Vodafone.

Advertisement