Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL on Sky?

• 21-09-2009 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Does anyone know what happened to the 12.30 Sunday night game and the Monday night game? Looks like i missed a rip roaring game between New York and Dallas last night. Someone told me that Channel 5 have got the rights to the 12.30 games but can't seem to confirm it. Anyone shed any light?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

channel 5 100% have the rights to sunday night and monday night football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Channel 5 have exclusive rights to Sunday night football.
    Nobody has picked up the rights for Monday night football yet I think.

Here is a breakdown of who has what... http://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=46943

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

So if channel 5 has the rights, can you get it on Sky+ or is it purely on terrestrial TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

The Munky wrote: »
    So if channel 5 has the rights, can you get it on Sky+ or is it purely on terrestrial TV?

You can watch it on Channel 5 by programming it in through the 'Other Channels' service. But that said you will not be able to record Channel 5 using Sky+ as 'Other Channels' are not recordable.

HTH
    To add channels to your "Other Channels" option, do the following -

With your digibox turned on, press the "Services" button (near the top of the remote).

Select number 4 (System Setup), and then 4 again ("Add Channels").

In the appropriate fields enter the following (you move through the fields using the up and down arrow keys).

In the Frequency field enter: 10.773,

The next three fields are toggle fields, i.e. using the left and right arrows will change the value.

Toggle Polarisation to : H
    Toggle Symbol Rate to: 22000
    Toggle FEC to : 5/6

Then select the last button - Find Channels.

After a few seconds the channels should appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

DBIreland wrote: »
    You can watch it on Channel 5 by programming it in through the 'Other Channels' service. But that said you will not be able to record Channel 5 using Sky+ as 'Other Channels' are not recordable.

HTH

is there any way to get channel 5 with ntl digital? i have the sports pack but cant find channel 5 anywhere, it used to be on my other channels with sky but since i switched i dont know how to get it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

kryogen wrote: »
    is there any way to get channel 5 with ntl digital?

Don't think so unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Nope, channel 5 isnt on NTL, as they have apparently no interest in being broadcasted in ireland.

Advertisement