Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Makeup

• 21-09-2009 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

hello

looking to buy a new makeup looking for good coverage, with a natural smooth finish, any recommendations? I hate shopping for makeup I have never found one that is perfect for me.

also had anyone purchased makeup on line i just bought benifit blusher on ebay for 13euro including postage, as it cost 33euro in the shops.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I use Max Factor's liquid foundation, gives really good coverage, I've tried Mac and other 'good' brands and I find this the best, lasts really well too.. Also if I'm having a particularly bad skin day, I use Benefit Bo-ing concealer on some areas, they blend really well together.. and a loose translucent powder dusted over it to give it a matt finish.. Bobbi Brown do a really good one but it's a bit dear, No7 have a similar one for about 15 quid and it does the job just aswel.. sounds like a lot of makeup but I have quite blotchy skin so I need it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

Have you tried YSL perfect touch? It goes on with a brush kinda like a foundation version of the radiant touch highlighter. I love it cos its good coverage but not heavy or cakey..
    They have it at the airport if you are travelling anytime soon and its cheaper than in town.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭JTC83

I just bought Laura Mercier one today, and LOVE it! Can't remember what it's called, but it's the one that comes in a tube rather than a bottle. Great coverage without being cakey, but it's not cheap, 50 euro for quite a small tube. Think it's worth it though!

About the buying online, I often buy makeup online, beware of buying brands like MAC and such on ebay, as there are a lot of fakes out there. Always check the sellers feedback. If buying from other international sites be prepared to pay extra for customs, as they seem to be cracking down these days. Ultimately though, if you use a certain amount of common sense it's great and you can get some serious bargains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Is Gael Mise

xzanti wrote: »
    I use Max Factor's liquid foundation, gives really good coverage, I've tried Mac and other 'good' brands and I find this the best, lasts really well too.. Also if I'm having a particularly bad skin day, I use Benefit Bo-ing concealer on some areas, they blend really well together.. and a loose translucent powder dusted over it to give it a matt finish.. Bobbi Brown do a really good one but it's a bit dear, No7 have a similar one for about 15 quid and it does the job just aswel.. sounds like a lot of makeup but I have quite blotchy skin so I need it :o

I use the exact same products as you and i cant complain it gives me great coverage without looking like im plastered in makeup. I think Max Factor foundation is brilliant and it spreads so well, a little goes a long way. I love No.7's translucent powder its brilliant and the pot lasts forever. I apply mine with a No.7 Kabuki brush and it sets the foundation really well and gives me a smooth finish. You should look out in Boots they often give out vouchers for €7.50 off No.7 makeup. :D Benefit blush on Ebay for 13quid thats brilliant! Can you remember the sellers name :p?

Advertisement