Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] How much can you make? / questionable statements

Options
  • 21-09-2009 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

ok, so I was fleeted with a guy on a L4 who claimed to make over a billion a week mission running (L4s) and only salvaging when it was a specific mission (I forget which one he mentioned).

Now maybe he plays 40 hrs+ a week, but anyway, what sorta statements have you heard from players that made you think "how do they manage that?"

I run L4s have good standing (9.0) with the agent, have negoiation up to 4, most I've got from mission rewards is about 3.2 mill. bounties, about 8. unless I salvage and loot and get a good haul then that's it. Does it jump significantly in low sec?

If people don't mind being very specific in how much isk they generate I'd be interested to hear. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

In a full day of ratting in a Golem in Fountain I could make upwards of 250mil, not including salvage/loot/faction/officer items. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JoeDante

ah yeah, probably my kill rate in my Raven that's letting me down a bit. More skillz required.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Its a lot easier to make ISK if you have ISK..

For instance, one week I ended up selling 2 carriers to some idiots that had buy orders up for 1.5 billion each :pac::pac::pac:

Which is absolutely no use to you if you can't produce carriers, or afford to buy them cheaply elsewhere. Just saying tho.

I find when I can be bothered to make ISK its not that difficult, I spread myself out over several different things..

Production in empire to sell on market. Includes T1 and T2 items, and ships. I've an alt with max trade skills, 2 alts with max production slots etc, so its quite easy to sink a billion into minerals, and start producing stacks of t1 modules, couple of haulers n cruisers, battlecruisers etc etc.

Another few billion into T2 modules or ship production etc.

This only takes at most a few hours a month. Say 5 hours. Fueling pos for lab slots, hauling goods to the build site, hauling finished products to the place your going to sell etc.

Id supplement this income with ratting, running complex's, wormholes and salvaging. I've even been known to mine the odd day. All depends on what I feel like doing.

Also the modules and salvage looted from PVP overtime can also amount to large wads of cash.

All in all its quite easy to make phat bank in this game if you've got the time to spend doing it.

If I was to put a number on my income its anywhere from 500m - 5bill a month. All depends on how much time I've got available, and when I can be bothered logging in to get my jew on.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

JoeDante wrote: »
    ah yeah, probably my kill rate in my Raven that's letting me down a bit. More skillz required.

You'd easilly make 250m a day ratting in your raven too.. You dont need a golem to make money tbh

mamolian wrote: »
    You'd easilly make 250m a day ratting in your raven too.. You dont need a golem to make money tbh

Golem makes it easier is all. Less ammo used, more damage better tractor range and of course bigger cargohold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

doing lvl 4 missions for the servant sisters of eve (then selling the sisters probes) in a nightmare I can farm LP / isk to the tune of about a bil a week if I wanted to, but always prefferred the sec gain/chance of faction or officer from 0.0 ratting instead, the most efficiant lvl 4 ship out there is probably the nightmare/paladin and the best 0.0 ratting ship out there are probably the deimos/zealot

btw to make that kind of isk doing lvl 4's you would probably want to be doing it 10 hours a day, and thats nothing to boast about imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I've lived off the charity of others ig now for over a year. :smug:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Also, people always talk poo poo about how much they make. Someone once told me they made 1 billion a day from ratting, but it just turns out they buy isk (and get temp banned).

kyp_durron wrote: »
    Also, people always talk poo poo about how much they make. Someone once told me they made 1 billion a day from ratting, but it just turns out they buy isk (and get temp banned).

mk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I TOO HAVE A NIGHTMARE

HI GNEEZ O/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

bizmark wrote: »
    I TOO HAVE A NIGHTMARE

Is it that one where you are about to run your hands over Khan Zu's naked body only to wake up screaming and remember she is gone?

bizmark wrote: »
    I TOO HAVE A NIGHTMARE

HI GNEEZ O/

I cant high five non-machariel owning losers, sorry :smugfff:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

your such an elitist prick :|

Is it that one where you are about to run your hands over Khan Zu's naked body only to wake up screaming and remember she is gone?

That pain has never gone away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I can only make 10-15mil per hour ratting (Raven)
    Im only up as far as lv3 missions so not worth talking about that income.
    High sec mining alt: 6mil per hour... Although it could a lot less now... Is tritanium still dropping in price? :pac:

My main income is my trader alt. The old "buy low sell high" trick works rather well in eve, provided you have a little experience and a decent trade location. It took me a month or two to really start taking in isk, and you do you need a couple bil+ invested to make a good day-to-day profit. Its hard for me to measure the income but I made 500mil net profit over 2 days for 2 hours work.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Zerolord

Well to be honest making serveral billion isk a week is fairly easy. The corp im in has full and only access to one system that you can make 60-80mill ratting/hour, and thats just collect bounties. When you add on the chance of good drops and salavging you can make a small fortune once u find a system to do it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Garlic Suplmnt

and remember, weeks and weeks of grinding roids, rats, whatever, can be wiped out with one dodgy autopilot setting....

http://kb.vanishing-point.eu/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=4754256

Don't laugh... I can barely bring myself to log in after this..:rolleyes:

ouchies!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

and remember, weeks and weeks of grinding roids, rats, whatever, can be wiped out with one dodgy autopilot setting....

I'd laugh hard if I hadn't lost a Large Serpentis control tower while auto piloting tru high sec myself. Expensive lesson learned, never autopilot with valuable cargo ANYWHERE EVER! >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Ouch.

But 2.5 billion... in an Iteron IV?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

azezil wrote: »
    I'd laugh hard if I hadn't lost a Large Serpentis control tower while auto piloting tru high sec myself. Expensive lesson learned, never autopilot with valuable cargo ANYWHERE EVER! >_<

It had to be the Jihad or the Russians.

As for making ISK, I've taken to scouting around for faction/officer spawns in a cerberus. Far less predictable income but overall less painful I think. A single good faction spawn can be the equivalent of a whole day of ratting, and if I luck into an officer spawn, depending on the spawn, I could be set isk-wise for months. Obviously officer spawns are exceedingly rare, but faction spawns occur relatively frequently as long as you throw your net wide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Garlic Suplmnt

Zillah wrote: »
    It had to be the Jihad or the Russians.

As for making ISK, I've taken to scouting around for faction/officer spawns in a cerberus. Far less predictable income but overall less painful I think. A single good faction spawn can be the equivalent of a whole day of ratting, and if I luck into an officer spawn, depending on the spawn, I could be set isk-wise for months. Obviously officer spawns are exceedingly rare, but faction spawns occur relatively frequently as long as you throw your net wide.

nah, was autopiloting through empire under the misaprehension that my autopilt was set to avoid 1.0

autopilot jumps me into ****ing Amarr Prime and npcs toast me

my spidey sense started tingling and I was able to log out before uncloaking - which didnt save me - but my wreck ended up at a random spot 1 million km from the gate so nobody got so much as a scrap of loot

Lost me Raven yesterday to a phone call. was mid warp to a mission, phone rang, off I went. 20 mins later as I was returning to the computer I said to myself "oh crap, I was mid warp. Ah I'll be ok, I'll just be sitting at the first jump gate" no such luck. Deadspace mission, there was a little pod staring back at me.

Just as I was starting to put a bit of scratch together and everything. This thread is cursed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

JoeDante wrote: »
    Lost me Raven yesterday to a phone call. was mid warp to a mission, phone rang, off I went. 20 mins later as I was returning to the computer I said to myself "oh crap, I was mid warp. Ah I'll be ok, I'll just be sitting at the first jump gate" no such luck. Deadspace mission, there was a little pod staring back at me.

Just as I was starting to put a bit of scratch together and everything. This thread is cursed. :)

And then you brought me and calis on a L4 and got us both destroyed. Maybe it's you that's cursed :p

merely sharing the wealth, or lack thereof :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

just back playing the game.
    fitted my ship out and flew solo into 0.0 (not the best of ideas but it was quiet) to sort my sec status out. im am ebil pirate. haha. -8 these days or something.

needless to say it wont be long before my little dead end system where i rat becomes my coffin but ill keep you updated when it does. haha. just hopefully ill make enough iskies before that happens.

just back playing the game.
    fitted my ship out and flew solo into 0.0 (not the best of ideas but it was quiet) to sort my sec status out. im am ebil pirate. haha. -8 these days or something.

needless to say it wont be long before my little dead end system where i rat becomes my coffin but ill keep you updated when it does. haha. just hopefully ill make enough iskies before that happens.

you gain sec faster by killing a rat in one system and jumping to the next, if you can get 3 or 4 connected systems and jump between them consistantly killing 1 rat in each your sec will fly up, a sac or ishtar with a cloak is ideal for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Gneez wrote: »
    you gain sec faster by killing a rat in one system and jumping to the next, if you can get 3 or 4 connected systems and jump between them consistantly killing 1 rat in each your sec will fly up, a sac or ishtar with a cloak is ideal for it

ya i usually jump back and forth between two systems.
    Im cheap skating it with a dodgy harpy fit.

Advertisement