Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child/ren did today which made you want to tear your hair out.

Options
  • 21-09-2009 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Yes they fill us with delight but they can also be the most infuriating little people on the planet esp as they know how to push our buttons so in counterpoint to the smile thread we have this one:

This morning my son did not want to get up,
    knocking on his bedroom door didn't work,
    calling him twice more didn't work
    I had to go in and shake him by the ankle to be greeted by such a bedhead
    and a face surely enough to sour cream and it just got worse as he got ready for the day in the most despondent manner.
    Make me wonder if it's a little taste of what to come for when he moves on to being a teenager, if he had of moved more slowly this morning he's of been standing still and it was hard not to roar at him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Went to bed at 11:30 pm and up at7:30 am yesterday and this morning with no nap. A demon. I waved the white flag.

Thaed - when I would do what your son did, my father would drag me out of the bed and let me thump on the floor to make me get to school. Then he had tea and some breakfast waiting for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh it crossed my mind but when my son is like that anything what so ever becomes an excuse to take umberage and bumping him out of the bed could have him failing and bumping his head of the bed and I'd have to listen to him rant over his porridge that it was child abuse, that I could have given him a headache.

Smart kids are great except when they are being smartarses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not today but i the last week or two:

Had to leave a nice lunch half-eaten yesterday, because he (14 month old) was so cranky, I was getting hate-rays off the people at the next table. The minute we left, he was happy as Larry of course.

He took the viewing card out of the sky box and I couldn't find it for ages.

I set the alarm off in a record shop in town. Weirdly, the security guard just waved me through and when I was halfway down the road, I realized he had taken a CD off the rack so I had to go back and give it back. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

My 3 year old would not get into the car for me... Then when I got him into the seat and buckled him up and went back into the house to get the baby he was back out of the car again!!

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Oh it crossed my mind but when my son is like that anything what so ever becomes an excuse to take umberage and bumping him out of the bed could have him failing and bumping his head of the bed and I'd have to listen to him rant over his porridge that it was child abuse, that I could have given him a headache.

Smart kids are great except when they are being smartarses.

Hand him the phone number for childline. Tell him "there you go."

• Advertisement

Oh we've had that converstaion before which resulted in the phone numbers for
    childline and parentline being up on the fridge for a while. :D

http://www.parentline.ie/
    Parentline, Carmichael House, North Brunswick Street Dublin 7
    Telephone: 1890 927 277 or 01 8733500 - info@parentline.ie

stovelid wrote: »
    Not today but i the last week or two:

Had to leave a nice lunch half-eaten yesterday, because he (14 month old) was so cranky, I was getting hate-rays off the people at the next table. The minute we left, he was happy as Larry of course.

He took the viewing card out of the sky box and I couldn't find it for ages.

I set the alarm off in a record shop in town. Weirdly, the security guard just waved me through and when I was halfway down the road, I realized he had taken a CD off the rack so I had to go back and give it back. :o

Yes I know it too well. At 18 mos he turned up the amplifiers at Christmas mass. Now he tries to steal the money pouches after the ushers place them by the alter.

I have been banned from the internet cafe after he attempted to turn everything off.

I have also walked halfway home realising only then he has been shoplifting. I found a pair of lady's underpants and some scented candles in the bottom of the buggy.

A good kid but VERY active!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Yes I know it too well. At 18 mos he turned up the amplifiers at Christmas mass.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

He's been a bit sick lately and for the past few days has been throwing serious tantrums at the drop of a hat. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

...they ran into each other and both fell over and hit their heads. Cue non-stop crying for the next 20 mins...welcome back to normality :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

woke me up at 6.45 am with something "really important" to tell me. noooo... anything starting with 6 is not on.... if I could just sleep til 7 please. Could be worse though, this time last year I was saying anything beginning with 5 is just not on:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

My 2 1/2 year old, a couple of weeks ago, was strolling through the shopping centre with me...he spots the foot level mirrors in Lifestyle sports ( you know the ones for looking at your shoes). he goes in..hunkers down and looks at himself in the mirror...I called him to come back to me...but he popped up, hitting his head off the first level shelving of shoes and knocked the whole thing off its stand...the noise and chaos that ensued!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

She's going through a whiny phase at the moment... everything that displeases her even a tiny bit means she starts this whining and trying to squeeze tears out. She sits pussing on the stairs and I can't get her to do anything.

Oh, and the selective deafness. That one NEVER gets old :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Mrs JackDaniels

My almost 3yr old insiting on calling me ma. GGGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm only 23 way to young to be called ma...... Infact it doesnt matter what age I am just don't call me ma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

What have they done? Consistently a lot over the last 7 and a half years. Back then I had hair... not so much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jeege

6 year old swallowed a ball bearing out of a magnetix set.. Cue 3 hours in A&E and a bill for €100.00:eek:
    Once I knew she was ok I was fit to throttle her myself

3 year old has decided to refer to doing his number 2'a as "having a crap", which was slightly embarrassing in front of my eighty something year old nana..
    But it's their job to annoy and test us I suppose, and I got 2 peofessionals!!

Would I give them back? Not for anything!:p

Had another one for those mornings this morning and then I found this and had to share.

That gave me the first laugh of the day. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

My little one is toilet trained for about 2 months now. It was going great until this weekend. He decided to start using pooping as a power play. He has pooped in his underwear 3 out of the past 4 days. Today I asked him twice if he needed to go and he said 'no thanks mammy' but then within 2 mins he pooped himself again..... I wasn't the happiest mammy in the world after that

Advertisement