Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Oz 1 year visa? Didn't use first one

Options
  • 21-09-2009 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

My friend has a 1 year visa at present. However, it turns out he won't use it as something has come up. Will it be possible for him to obtain another in future if he decides he wants to go? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

The first visa may still be used in future if he enters Australia within 1 year of the visa being granted to him. So if i got my visa today I can start using it anytime within the next year.

I would imagine if that wont be done he could contact the visa department in London and talk to them about it... I would say if he cancelled it without using it it should not shorten the chances of getting it in the future. best talking to the embassy in london though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Raul

Thanks Chris. He won't use it within the year which is why we are asking. Does anybody know if he will have any trouble? If not, we will just need to contact the embassy directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

you can cancel the visa, and apply in the future again

Advertisement