Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinea pig cage

Options
  • 21-09-2009 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi all,
    I'm looking to get a new cage for my guinea pig and rabbit. They're very young now but will need a larger cage soon. I know C+C cages are very good for guinea pigs but has anyone ever used them for a rabbit?
    Or can anyone recommend a particular type of large indoor cage that worked well for them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Guinepigs and rabbits should not be kept together, it is outdated.

Gp like humans cannot make their own vitamin C while rabbits can, therefore they have different dietary needs.

They are unequal in arms in that a rabbit has it's powerful back legs while the gp's way of survival is staying very still (not good if Mr R is using gp as a punch bag)

What kind of setup do you have OP? Do you have a garden or are you in an apartment?

I feel that most cages/hutches on the market are too small and a rip off.

You may have better results getting quotes from out of carpenters (many at the moment).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Have you them housed together at the moment?
    If so seperate them ideally well away from each other.
    They should never be housed together no matter what pets/vets etc. say.

The rabbit would need a pen type set up perhaps and the guinea pig a good sized cage around 4 feet long check out zooplus.co.uk

Then eventually company in the form of another guinea for the guinea and another rabbit for the rabbit (after spaying/neutering).

More info on cages etc. on my site below

Advertisement