Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United vs Liverpool FC Tuesday night 19:45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

ref said at half time the offside was against beckford

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Happy with the first half performance, we have been slightly the better team with creating much.

Clear goal ruled out for offside which is very annoying, Doyle should have buried his header as well. Snoddy giving Dossena an awful time and some great one touch football being played at times.

Babel is Liverpools danger man, his speed is causing lots of problems. Spearing getting too much room as well and he has had plenty of chances for long shots.

Good hard game and great to see the Leeds fans in great voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

that was fair dirty by masch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Any streams? My one went down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mine's dead, Masch needs a talking to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

masch lucky to be on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I can smell a retrospective ban :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Unearthly wrote: »
    I can smell a retrospective ban :pac:

smells good

heres some streams

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=48854&part=sports

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I hear masch did something fairly nasty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

David Ngog!!! 0-1

• Advertisement

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Ngog!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

great turn and finish from N'gog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

LUCKY LUCKY LIVERPOOL, THAT WAS ALWAYS GONNA HAPPEN

ngog will be a good player for us imo. good finish

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

N'goal again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Torresesque finish there, lovely stuff, NGog still looking a great prospect

liverpool have scored in the last 20 games, too defensive my hole

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Hard luck Leeds, against the run of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

N'Gog actually looks like hes been taking lessons from Torres in a lot of ways. Long way to go obviously, but hes not even 21 for another 7 months.

JokerD wrote: »
    LUCKY LUCKY LIVERPOOL, THAT WAS ALWAYS GONNA HAPPEN

:pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone want to tell me what the Masch incident was about I missed it because my stream went down.

good finish but mascherano shouldnt have been on the pitch to fire the initial shot in

we'll get caught on the break now, but i have to say, dossena is ****é. snodgrass has murdered him everytime he's got it

hughes has been very poor for us

he hit a player in the back of the head in some sort of twirl attack.

degen is actually starting to look like a footballer...

edit: and now he's injured:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

event wrote: »
    good finish but mascherano shouldnt have been on the pitch to fire the initial shot in

we'll get caught on the break now, but i have to say, dossena is ****é. snodgrass has murdered him everytime he's got it

hughes has been very poor for us

Dossena is indeed poor but in fairness to him, he has played about 10 minutes football this season. Bound to be rusty. Hes never impressed in a Liverpool shirt though.

Glen Johnson coming on.

Gerrard on for NGog, probably Babs center, Gerrard behind him.

Gerrard on for Ngog.

Brilliant tactic - Rafa is going to win the game without a striker! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Has Babel quietened any doubters tonight? Obviously nobody will change their mind completely after 1 game against Leeds but he has played excellent tonight.

Oh and an excellent finish by N'Gog, very Torres-esque

• Advertisement

Skrtel on for Babel, lets hope Leeds dont get a late equaliser, as we've used all 3 subs and have no out and out strikers on the pitch!

rafa is obviously scared of enoch, sending on skrtyl

no need, he's ****e

masch gives Johnson a nothing wayward ball ahead of him and he still manages to force a corner. So so glad we bought him!

Fair play to Leeds, they've played brilliant and deserved extra time at least. They'll definitely be a Championship side next season.

Phew, I'm a bit surprised how Leeds folded once the goal went in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

A surprisingly good open cup game, Leeds were good to be fair. Nice to see Degen and Spearing in action. Babel showed some great pace at times but never showed any real spark, hopefully that will come.

Thought Ngog did well on his own up front, goal was a lovely spin and strike. Hope not but Masch might be in a bit of bother with his own spin and strike

• Advertisement

Delighted for Ngog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

good high spirited performance from leeds tonight, which was expected. thought they played well for the league level their at right now, looked organized and sharp, the lad on the right looked pretty decent.

all things aside, would like to see them back in the premiership.

ngog took that goal well i thought. aurelio looked like he hasnt missed a days training and kyriakos (sp?) looked well settled i thought, solid performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Very impressed with N'Gog, he did really well in the lone striker role. He seemed strong and full of energy, held up the ball very well.

Babel ... don't think he merited a start for the Hull game, at least in Rafa's eyes. Anyone get the feeling Rafa has no interest in him?

Degen did great going forward, he's a bit of disaster though, went down a few times. He attracts injuries...

Spearing did well, very quiet down the centre but I'd more than happy to see him start/bench for a league game.

all over, beaten 1-0

pleased at how we played, wonder if we surprised anyone, we played some really nice football at times. passing was good, some great link up play, the finishing just wasnt there. had 44% possession, not bad playing a liverpool team with 9 internationals and who brought on gerrard and johnson.

we can come out of that with our heads held high.
    MOT, on for the league on saturday

I dont think Babel will start against Hull but he did his chances no harm at all. Hopefully a few cameos from the bench in the next few weeks(his pace will hurt Chelsea i think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Tusky wrote: »
    Hes never impressed in a Liverpool shirt though.

outside of this

and this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Well at least its only the Michael Mouse cup:pac:, nice to hear Carragher saying it was as tough of a game as they played all year. overall Liverpool have been very respectful towards Leeds so fair play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

^^^ Both within a few days of each other right? He was fueled up for that week, then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    ^^^ Both within a few days of each other right? He was fueled up for that week, then.

3 days wasn't it

but whoever told him he was a left-back or could defend was having a laugh, he might be a decent left winger but left back, goodnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

1-0 Happy with the result.

That's N'gog's 5th goal for the first team having played a total of 688 mins (just over 7 and a half full games) :) Good for Spearing, Aurelio, Riera, Babel and Degen to get some game time.

Performance wasn't great but not surprising given the amount of changes and how well Leeds played.

Can see Elland Road being a very tough place to go and get a result for a lot of teams this season if Leeds continue to play like that.

Wouldnt mind an easier game at home in the next round, and a chance to play some of the more fringe/reserve players.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

I'd love Liverpool to be playing Wolves in the next round!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I wouldn't mind a tie against Barnsley as revenge for last year.

Of the other teams that won tonight Scunthorpe or Carlisle would also be classified as the weaker teams and woudl give us a better chance to play some of the fringe players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Since we went down to League 1, that's as positive a performance as I've seen from a Leeds team. Shag the Carling Cup, it's all about getting out of where we are. Well done lads

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Played well and I feel we were very unlucky, a couple of decisions didn't go our way. No shame in losing 1-0 and we had our chances to win it.

Hopefully the lads aren't downhearted too much and we can get back to the meaningful games and beat MK Dons.

I'm more disappointed than i thought I would be because of how well we played.

Oh and Paddy Kisnorbo was absolutely oustanding tonight, best player on the pitch. Reminded me of Lucas Radebe.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    3 days wasn't it

but whoever told him he was a left-back or could defend was having a laugh, he might be a decent left winger but left back, goodnight

i think he was supposed to be last years johnson, using his attacking ability to unlock defences. pity he's not great going forward and a mediocre defender...

• Advertisement
Advertisement