Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United vs Liverpool FC Tuesday night 19:45

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Watch us get d*cked by MK Dons on Saturday now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Babel was very good in the first half, less so in the 2nd when (for some reason?) he was put on the left - though he did have one good run and shot.

Impressed with Spearing. His range of passing is far better than Lucas and Mascherano, and unlike those two he has an eye for goal. Experience is what he lacks, hence too often he gets caught in possession or takes the wrong option. I reckon he's better now than Lucas was this time last year, but I'm not sure he'll get the opportunities to improve the way Lucas did.

Ngog took his goal very well. Loved his reaction to his man of the match award (mixture of delight and disbelief!). Should probably be ahead of Voronin in the pecking order of subs to bring on when we need a goal or two. I'd imagine Voro is none too pleased having got no game time.

Dodgy at the back again. Even apart from the offside goal (Ngog too slow out), Leeds missed a couple of sitters - dunno who was at fault for Doyle getting the free header (one of Mascho, Aurelio or Spearing), but the Beckford chance was another error by Carra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

It was a strange game tonight.

Cavalieri - Had a decent game - made one good save when Carra f*cked up again
    Degen - Looked more than decent going forward.
    Dossena - Looked very rusty
    Kyriagakos - Our best defender
    Carragher - Should have been rested. Bring Back Agger soon.
    Mascherano - Idiot. Will get a 3 game ban now for his stupidity. Quiet game otherwise.
    Aurelio - very quiet first half but came more into it in the second
    Riera - had a very busy night, but his end product was poor
    Babel - was our best player, but his decision making was questionable at times
    Spearing - thought he did ok. His passing is decent, but his decision making is very poor. I still don't think he'll make it here.
    N'Gog - great finish for the goal, but didn't get enough support all night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Watch us get d*cked by MK Dons on Saturday now :(
    Ah, you can't beat tradition. A good performance from Leeds making us supporters feel success is on the horizon, only to get kicked in the gonads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Ngog took his goal very well. Loved his reaction to his man of the match award (mixture of delight and disbelief!).

he got the MOM award :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Should have gone to Snodgrass imo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Snoddy or Kisnorbo deserved MOM.

I really don't understand this tradition of always giving MOM to the winning team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

oldyouth wrote: »
    Ah, you can't beat tradition. A good performance from Leeds making us supporters feel success is on the horizon, only to get kicked in the gonads.

Definitely some positives to take from the game. You should beat the Dons easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I love Ngog, developing beautifully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Strange tactic by Rafa to switch Babel and Riera, swapping flanks can work as a handy "stunt" to confuse the opposition full backs but only if used fleetingly. Forcing both wide men to cut inside was a waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I love Ngog, developing beautifully.

Yeh - he has clearly been working on holding the ball up, does a lot of coming deep and controls it well to let the midfield catch up. He would actually be a good foil for Torres who tends to play high and wide, and both have the ability to put away a half chance, though Torres is obviously the finished product. But great to see us buy a raw player and improve them within a short period of arriving, we don't do that enough.

I hope we are starting to get the youth system right...

Advertisement