Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Broadband In Murroe Co. Limerick

• 21-09-2009 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Like a lot of other poor misfortunate fools I'm with Ice Broadband at the moment.
    Although, We're becoming a rare species I'd say ha ha.
    Anyway, Munster Broadband are available in Murroe, Co. Limerick and I was wondering if they're any good?
    Anyone have any experiences with them?
    Any info would be great
    Thanks a million
    A Country Voice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

My cousin is using them in rearcross, he said there ok, he watchs' youtube and downloads a bit, I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭A Country Voice

thanks john, anything would be better than ice anyway i suppose.
    I wonder has anyone had any problems with munster broadband??
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 amesab

I use Munster Broadband at home and at work.
    3 computers + voip phone at home.
    Working very well so far. Switched over from eircom cause it is cheaper and faster.

P.S. I am working for Munster Broadband and the only issues I can notice is if the trees grow on the way.

I got prv message about sped test result.
    Here it is.
    Connection 3/1 Mb wit 3 computers connected in the same time.
    more dateils about packages http://munsterbroadband.ie

577825118.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭thebourke

Hello I just saw this post …I live in Cappamore.I switched from eircom to ice-broadband a few months ago and have had no end of problems.So basically now I am thinking of going back to eirco.Is that munster broadband any good..is it just broadband..or does it also include phone which is what I really want?

• Advertisement

amesab wrote: »
    I use Munster Broadband at home and at work.
    3 computers + voip phone at home.
    Working very well so far. Switched over from eircom cause it is cheaper and faster.

P.S. I am working for Munster Broadband and the only issues I can notice is if the trees grow on the way.

Hi amesab,
    Thanks for getting in touch.
    My main question isnt about speed, although those speeds look good.
    My main question would be, out of the past 365 days, how many days has the service been down, (if any).
    Its not a nice question, but any ice customer would ask it of any isp from their experience.
    Thanks
    A Country Voice

Hi amesab,
    Thanks for getting in touch.
    My main question isnt about speed, although those speeds look good.
    My main question would be, out of the past 365 days, how many days has the service been down, (if any).
    Its not a nice question, but any ice customer would ask it of any isp from their experience.
    Thanks
    A Country Voice

I can't talk aboout other providers.
    As well nobody will trust me 100% as I am working for MBB.
    All I can tell is that the whole system was never down for last years. However if it happen we we have spare equipment and we are ready to fix it straight away. I hope it will be same good for next years. ;)
    You can always contact me on PRV to get more detailed information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 biceri

Hi Just switch from WTSB in Newport to Munster Broadband.

So far it has been great, My VOIP phone is working again, without having to call people on the mobile because they can't hear me.

Speed is good, but more important the jitter is very low
    593244367.png
    1046452.png

A very happy customer !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

could someone do a speedtest to a server in england , i would like to know what the ping is, thanks

Just emailed munster broadband about getting it installed.
    Just cant put up with Ice Broadband anymore.
    I've only heard good things about munster broadband, and sure to be honest waxed cord and tin cans would be better than that ice broadband shower.
    In my opinion they shouldnt be allowed to trade.
    Anyway, I'll keep ye up to date on how I get on with Munster Broadband.

Regards
    A Country Voice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

My grandfather has it, did a speed test the other day and it was running at 2.8 or 2.9MB download... Exactly what it says on the tin. :) He hasn't had any problems with it since install and neither has another neighbour of mine. I've also used their free wifi in the local pub and the speeds are always good. They seem very reliable and the folks in the office are very easy to deal with. They're coming out to install for me on Friday so will let you all know how it goes. Can't fault their customer service so far, and the product's good!

Advertisement