Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Focus Mares 2009 cyclocross bike, size 54 (price drop: €600)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭columbus_66

Hi, I'll go back to my original offer of €500, I think that is a fair price as it's last year's model already as the 2010 stock is for sale. Let me know soon as I am looking at other bikes and I can have that cash to you tonight or tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭t0mm

If you do decide to split it up I'll take the wheels off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,085 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Hi, I'll go back to my original offer of €500, I think that is a fair price as it's last year's model already as the 2010 stock is for sale. Let me know soon as I am looking at other bikes and I can have that cash to you tonight or tomorrow?

The equivalent 2010 model is €1,049.56. The last of the 2009 models (52 size) is €944.49.

Whilst 50% depreciation might be arguable for a well used bike, this bike has only been ridden a couple of times.

Because I'm exceedingly keen to shift it and avoid a divorce, I could meet you halfway at €550.

€525 and you have a deal, I have cash waiting?

€525 and you have a deal, I have cash waiting?

I think €550 is more than reasonable. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Have to sat thats a hell of a bike for that money. If I hadn't got a cross bike I'd have offered the original asking

I'm afraid that's all I can offer at the moment. Like I said I don't really need the parts on it, it is the frame I am after. I would like to close on this deal tonight?

I'm afraid that's all I can offer at the moment. Like I said I don't really need the parts on it, it is the frame I am after. I would like to close on this deal tonight?

Sorry :(

what about €525 and you keep the pedals?

what about €525 and you keep the pedals?

Deal.

• Advertisement

Cool, pm with your mobile and I'll go over tonight if that's ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Wow. Serious bargain there.

Bike sold. :)

Nice bike Lumen, it was a pleasure doing business with you. I am looking forward to gettting it all setup for my winter training with proper mudguards for once. I might be taking all the finishing kit off including the wheels if anyone is interested for €225? It has Shimano 105 10speed levers and an FSA 50\34 compact chainset 170mm cranks.

I'd be interested in just the wheels if the price is right...

Hi Tomm, The only thing about the wheels is they are not a matching pair. The rear one is the original one ie a 105 hub, and the front one is from a Specialized Tricross with an Alexa rim and a black no name hub. You can have them both with the cross tyres and 105 10sp cassette for €75. They are hardly used.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

@columbus_66- I'll take the wheels at asking price.

That sounds fair, I'll take them for that. PM'd you with my contact details.

Oi! I'm claiming first offering of asking here!

Checking the rules:
    uberwolf wrote:
    6. Asking price rules
    * Whoever offers the Asking price first gets first refusal.
    * The Asking price is the last price that the Seller has requested for the item.
    * After the Asking price is met, no user may offer "beyond" this; they may, however, continue to offer that Asking price in case that the first to offer drops out.

I was the one that asked about them first! Before the bike was even sold by Lumen even! And his post was addressed to me! I'll leave to the mods to decide but I do find it a little unfair, especially as I intentionally avoided going by PM only...

• Advertisement

That is generally how it works, nothing is concrete until a price comes up. I've missed out on stuff myself I was interested in because someone else posted a straight "I'll take that at asking."

Hmmm, I'd still like a mods ruling on this, I still find it incredibly unfair that I can ask all the question to have someone else walk in and snatch it from under me.

FWIW, I suspect I sold the matching front wheel to DualFrontDiscs with the Tricross. I only discovered this last night whilst inspecting the bike (or else I would have attempted to get it sorted before putting the bike up for sale).

He might be interested in swapping to get matching set. Or not. :)

t0mm wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'd still like a mods ruling on this, I still find it incredibly unfair that I can ask all the question to have someone else walk in and snatch it from under me.

t0mm/blorg,

On a pure technical reading of the rules as quoted I'd be inclined to agree with Blorg. There is no provision for getting first refusal based on a general expression of interest.

However, in this instance all parts were offered for sale as one item ("all the finishing kit off including the wheels if anyone is interested for €225") and the split only came about due to t0mms specific request for a price on the wheels.

Since t0mm responded within a reasonable time of that price going up (well within the hour), it seems fair that he gets the wheels.

Would either of you guys be interested in all the finishing kit for €225 as was my original offer?

That includes: 105 10sp STI's, 105 front and rear derailleur, FSA 50\34 170mm compact chainset, bars, stem, saddle, seatpost 27.2 and wheels incl. cross tyres, tubes and cassette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭hynesie

Just to mix things up a bit, I'll take the finishing kit for €150 but would need the cassette to be included.

:double facepalm:

This thread is going one of two ways. Either it will end well, and result in some interesting new rules on splitting items, or it will end badly.

Please play nicely. :)

Ok here goes, Blorg would you take the wheels without the cassette for €75? I am giving you first refusal as you made the first actual offer and Hynsie will only take the finishing kit if it includes the cassette.

I'll take the lot at 225.

• Advertisement

I will go with that offer Blorg, PM me please. Hopefully sold to Blorg now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement