Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unfaithful partner dreams

Options
  • 21-09-2009 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

hi,
    I am getting married in a few weeks and a few nights every week for past fortnight I have been dreaming of my OH being unfaithful sometimes even on our wedding day. I've dreamt of this happening the last 3 nights in a row and i;ve been waking up tearful and upset/angry. Doesnt set me up for a good day ahead.
    He;s never been unfaithful, nor do I think he ever would. But these dreams are upsetting me. And I am being cranky with him through no fault of his own.
    Are they normal is what i suppose i want to know????

Also, I used to have a reoccuring dream for years and years, but havent had it about 3 years....but its coming back too!!!!!
    In it I am usually in an educational institute but have to use the bathroom.....and every bathroom is rows and rows of toilets, all on display....usually filthy.....no walls between them and everyone would be able to see me.

I am nearly dreading sleep at this stage.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I would hazzard that it would be quite normal to have underlying concerns, you're about to enter into a lifelong contract with your fiance, have you spoken to him about your dreams?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Are they normal is what i suppose i want to know????
    I would say so. Dreaming that an up-coming major event is going to go disastrously wrong is fairly common and it's not because you're afraid he would be unfaithful it's because just because you're a bit anxious and stressed over the whole thing, as you should be as getting married is a big thing

If it was me I'd just be relieved it's just a dream rather than worried that you dreamed it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I actually have that dream about the toilets too. I hate having it, but have it a few times a year. Would love to know what causes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

Actually, turns out i got it very wrong and he was indeed being unfaithful. Maybe my subconcious was telling me what I wasnt seeing in reality.
    Still having the toilet dreams though.....but reckon theyll go now that i have less to be stressed about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Sorry to hear that. I used to have that dream with an ex years ago, we were together years and it seriously upset me, and yes in the end he did do the dirty.... I hate hearing of these dreams as I often think it is just one partner not wanting to see the truth, I hope you are ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement