Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Javascript

• 21-09-2009 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

Hi hope someone can help me out, i cant print from an article window, i get a message "errors on page" and "javascript:var x = window.open(

how can i fix this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

razor8 wrote: »
    Hi hope someone can help me out, i cant print from an article window, i get a message "errors on page" and "javascript:var x = window.open(

how can i fix this?

Try use a different browser, probably won't fix the problem.

Disable JavaScript to see if the website falls back onto a non javascript version, probably not if they can't even debug their code.

Highlight the content, copy and paste into Word. It should carry over pictures and everything.

Or paste into wordpad if word displays all sorts of tables and boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Get FireBug for Firefox for debugging.

Mind you if what I think you're trying to do is open a page formatted for print in a popup window, you don't need to. Instead, take your original page, copy the css call so it appears twice in the head, comment out one of them, rename the uncommented one you're working on to something like somestyle-print.css, copy original style sheet and rename as this and format the page for print through that by applying display:none; to things like images, varying the fonts and other stuff. When you're happy with how it prints, uncomment the original display style and add the appropriate media attribute to like what's below. No JavaScript, no horrible popups just some simple css. Never yet come across a printer which it didn't work in.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css" media="screen" /><!-- screen style sheet -->
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style-print.css" media="print" /><!-- print style sheet -->

hth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

thanks for the help

im just not sure how to follow your steps

This is what appears, see attachment

see attachment, everything was working fine until last week

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try disabling the google toolbars pop up blocker and try again :)

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

still no good im afraid, anymore suggestions??

• Advertisement
Advertisement