Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Dockland Extension

Options
  • 21-09-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

I was down at the docklands over the weekend and I noticed that the Luas track are all laid and everything seems well in progress. I've heard that they've already started to text trams of them. So does anyone know when it will be operational?

The only disappointing thing is that it does seem to join up with the Docklands train station.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

It's disappointing that it does join up? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pixel Eater

Oh sorry! I meant doesn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

Oh sorry! I meant doesn't!
    [quote=PARLIAMENTARY QUESTION
    Light Rail Project.
    230. Deputy Leo Varadkar asked the Minister for Transport if the Luas extension from Connolly Station to the Docklands will not incorporate a stop at the Docklands Train Station, which is a terminus for suburban rail services from Dublin 15 and the proposed Dunboyne spur; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [12925/08]
    Minister for Transport (Deputy Noel Dempsey):
    The Luas extension to the Point Depot, currently under construction, will include a stop at Spencer Dock. This is situated approximately 350 metres from Iarnród Éireann’s existing station at Docklands. The Luas stop is located to allow for integration with both Iarnród Éireann suburban services using the Docklands station and with the new interconnector station to be constructed in the area under Transport 21.[/quote] forget where i just copied this from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Link to the above quote:

http://www.leovaradkar.ie/?p=88

Make sure to remember it next time. Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

no more long walks to the o2 thank christ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

df1985 wrote: »

well for 300 people or so every 15 mins....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

df1985 wrote: »

getting there wont be the issue, its getting back that will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

whats the likelyhood of extra trams being provided to shuttle people to and from the point from connolly during gigs etc or would that interfere with other trams,could of done with a third platform like at heuston for special occasions

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Re the issue of the luas stop connecting to the Docklands station, this is a wlak of between 2 and 3 minutes max. Leo Varadkar asking questions like this in the Dail is just attentionseeking, if he bothered to look at the plans at the time he would have seen this.

Advertisement