Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creepy crawly spices

Options
  • 21-09-2009 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

I was given pure safron from morroco and i was just wondering does anyone know why there is little bug/insects in with the spice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

The first results in google for "Insects in saffron" denote that there are many a bug that feed on it. If they are alive, perhaps look up the center for pests in ireland and ask advice. If they are dead, perhaps do the same, or chuck them. I have saffron, no insects attached. It's not the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

Ye its a strange one, for such a small pouch of saffron it contains about 30 bugs. 2" x 2" envelope. I do think bugs are there for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I do think bugs are there for a reason.
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Bin it.

Are you really going to add some crawling bugs to your curry?

A lot of times abroad people buy herbs and spices from markets and they can be contaminated with anything at all. It seems that your saffron is. I've been using it for 30 years, bought from various places and countries and have never had bugs in it!

This sounds a bit mad but ive been told that the bugs eat away at the herb and it will be ready to use by 2012.
    Think il just bin it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Kill the bugs if they're alive - otherwise you are introducing foreign insects into Irish agriculture

Cicero wrote: »
    Kill the bugs if they're alive - otherwise you are introducing foreign insects into Irish agriculture

They be unable to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

They be unable to get out.

Untill the bin men break the container.

squash time so

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

EEeeeeeew :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 northsidedave

did you get a picture of them?