If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extended Warranty Forms for the 7, 8 and 9 Series TV's

Options
  • 21-09-2009 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I have just received a batch of warranty claim forms over the weekend.

So being the nice folks we are, what we'll do is fill them in and post them off for all the Boardies eligable for it - Save you a bit of hassle.

You'll then recieve your warranty confirmation with in 28 days from Philips.

Cheers all
    Ash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

Hi Ash,
    Just a quick one for you, I picked up my 8404 a week or so before you announced these warranties upgrades. Just wondering would I qualify for one?

Thanks
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

goose06 wrote: »
    Hi Ash,
    Just a quick one for you, I picked up my 8404 a week or so before you announced these warranties upgrades. Just wondering would I qualify for one?

Thanks
    John

I'm in the same boat, do we miss out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Guys

I'll see what I can do.

atb
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ah yep , you see the early Adoptors always lose out!

Ash will you speak to JC in Philips (if necessary) to see if we can get these Pioneer 7/8/9 Customers sorted out?

Thanks,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭serarra

I am in the same boat too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

If anyone has GENUINELY just missed out on the warranty thingy - mail us directly to sales@philipsshop.ie and we will do our best to get you sorted - best to keep it off air in case the Philips warranty police are tuned in eh eh ;);) nod nod.

Ash keep me posted on this and how we are doing, ok?

ATB,

J

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Guys and Gals

I'll speak to our rep tomorrow (or JC if needed)
    I'm sure we can do something for you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

Hi Ash,
    Just wondering if Philips had gotten back to you?

Hi Goose06
    I'll chase this up once more.
    please pm me you reciept number?

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

me too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Hi John/Ashley. I’m just wondering if I should have received by now something by way of confirmation that my warranty was received by Philips? I picked up the 8404 on 26/09/09 and posted the warranty form to Philips a few days later.

Cheers,
    John

Hi Guys

I'll be chasing these up but word with Philips at the moment is they have processed LOTS through but there is a bit of a back log.

I'm chasing Philips for a list of everyone who purchased from us so I can confirm its complete.

Leave it with me guys if you can.
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Bought the TV's around September 20th, just got the extended warranty notice for one of them from Philips. Expecting the next one in a day or two.

So cheers RS, got my confirmation :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I also got an 8404 on 19th September, but as yet no warranty confirmation from Philips.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

No warranty confirmation either, though it's only been 5 or 6 weeks since I sent it away.

Hi All

I've requested a report from Philips HQ listing all recieved warranty forms so I can check them off against what we sold.

They keep telling me that there is a back log but they are working through it.

Once I have the report I'll get back to you all.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I received the extended warranty documentation this morning from a UK company called Safeguard, it looks like they are extending the Philips warranty from 2 to 4 years - I bought an 8404 TV on Sept 16th last.

On the letter it says the following:

Warranty Start Date: 15/09/2011
    Warranty Expiry Date: 15/09/2013

the last line of the letter states as follows....

Claims against this Service Contract can only be made during the dates above.

So my question is this: who do I contact during the first two years of the warranty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

dvpower wrote: »
    I also got an 8404 on 19th September, but as yet no warranty confirmation from Philips.

Spoke too soon; arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

coylemj wrote: »
    I received the extended warranty documentation this morning from a UK company called Safeguard, it looks like they are extending the Philips warranty from 2 to 4 years - I bought an 8404 TV on Sept 16th last.

On the letter it says the following:

Warranty Start Date: 15/09/2011
    Warranty Expiry Date: 15/09/2013

the last line of the letter states as follows....

Claims against this Service Contract can only be made during the dates above.

So my question is this: who do I contact during the first two years of the warranty?

You contact Philips themselves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭mckildare

Hmm, this thread has got me wondering if I sent off my warranty or not :confused:

If it has to be sent by post then I don't remember doing it :o

• Advertisement

Hi Mckildare

Please see my pm to you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

Mine has arrived yesterday, although the warranty details are for a different customer. Someone in Artane probably has wrong details too :) So it needs to be sent back.

Both addresses had the county information omitted and no country. Good that it made it here since they are posted from England. Might cause a small delay in delivery if other addresses lose this detail too.

Hi DVPower

I've bounced this infor across to Philips Ireland to have it reprocessed out to you.

Sorry about this
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Ah yep , you see the early Adoptors always lose out!

Ash will you speak to JC in Philips (if necessary) to see if we can get these Pioneer 7/8/9 Customers sorted out?

Thanks,

John Mc
    Guys,

If anyone has GENUINELY just missed out on the warranty thingy - mail us directly to sales@philipsshop.ie and we will do our best to get you sorted - best to keep it off air in case the Philips warranty police are tuned in eh eh ;);) nod nod.

Ash keep me posted on this and how we are doing, ok?

ATB,

J

Hi Ash,

Did you get any good news on this, I sent an email to the shop but not heard anything yet.

Hey Vestanpance
    please see pm

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I received mine this morning. It had my name and address on the cover note but the actual document is wrong. Ash I have sent you a pm. By the way thanks a million for organising this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.