Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to cook Salmon darnes..

Options
  • 21-09-2009 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

So here it is, I'm looking to cook some Salmon in the oven (and do some baby pots etc..)

How long does the salmon take to cook and what temperature??. I have 2 salmon darnes total weight 0.380Kg.??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Salmon darnes cook really quickly!

Between 12-15mins max they should be done nicely at about 180-200. Some salt, pepper and some sliced lemon over them is lovely.

Or make little foil parcels for the darnes, and rest some asparagus on top of the salmon, that'll also cook in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd agree with the times given above.

I'm guessing that when you say darne, you actually mean a supreme or piece of salmon fillet. A darne is the same as a salmon steak or cutlet (a slice of the whole fish, cut through the bone). Having said that, they'd both take a similar time to cook if they're of similar thickness.

Below is a recipe for salmon fillets I previously posted.
    My fool proof salmon method.

In a bowl combine: lemon zest, whole grain mustard, chopped garlic, chopped fresh herbs, olive oil, salt and coarse black pepper.

Coat the salmon with this and put under a hot grill.
    Now this works for me but I guess there are variables (thickness of salmon, heat of grill, distance from grill etc.); I find that when the coating is just turning blackish, the salmon is perfectly done (about 7-8 mins without turning). It should be just short of fully cooked through -a little moist in the centre.

I like to serve it on a bed of red, yellow and orange peppers which have been cooked in a pan with butter, sugar,white wine vinegar, salt, butter and water for about 10 mins. With mash, rice or garlic potatoes and a green salad.

Haven't cooked that in ages - it was one of my earlier dishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Thanks, I also put on some Paprika covered them in greaseproof paper.. It was yummy !

Advertisement