Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading RAM Q's

Options
  • 21-09-2009 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

My dad's PC (ESystem from PC World with a Celeron D 3.33Ghz running VISTA) is running pretty slow so want to upgrade the RAM. There are two slots and in the existing slot is "Oxcco 512MB PC2-4200 533Mhz".
    I don't know a lot about these things but what should I be looking at doing, replacing the existing one with a pack or just adding to the spare slot?
    Would adding another 512 make much of a difference?
    Does it have to be a 512 533Mhz or could I use 512 667Mhz?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

MY GOD!!!!
    How do ye use that thing at all??

A single core celeron with only 512mb's of ram with VISTA!!! :(

If you find the exact model of the pc then you could find out exactly how much and how fast the ram you can put into it. A ram upgrade in that pc would be very beneficial!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭golfpaul

Effluo wrote: »
    MY GOD!!!!
    How do ye use that thing at all??

A single core celeron with only 512mb's of ram with VISTA!!! :(

If you find the exact model of the pc then you could find out exactly how much and how fast the ram you can put into it. A ram upgrade in that pc would be very beneficial!

Thanks Effluo.
    I've been trying to find out what kind of RAM to get from crucial.com but it can't detect from the computer and the model isn't on their drop down menu. Was thinking of ordering from elara and hoping for the best. Its an E-System Ei-205A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Advertisement