Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

good running RubyK, that's the key to success in the winter league - a bit of improvement every week - stay ahead of the handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Sun 15/11 - 7 miles. Wasn't the best, and I've come to the conclusion Sunday mornings are not my friend, when it comes to running :o I knew I should have gone out Saturday evening instead!

Mon 16/11 - 1 hour spinning class. Hadn't been for a few weeks, but I didn't suffer like I thought I would :D

Wed 18/11 - 5 miles in gale force winds! Never ran in such conditions before, and I'm sure it was comical for motorists passing, seeing me doing a slow motion run in gusts :o as well as trying to stay on my feet! It was worth it though!

Winter league tonight. That should be interesting :eek:

Fri 20/11 - 8.3 miles (thought I had gone further, by mapmyrun doesn't agree!). Best run I've had in a while. I definitely find afternoon/evening better than morning runs.

• Advertisement

Mon 23/11

5.8 miles. Nice afternoon for a run, really enjoyed it. I'd like to invest in a stop watch thingy, to see what my time is exactly. Maybe Santa will suprise me :D One bit of progress I've noticed is that I don't need to bring a water bottle with me anymore, which is great as it's awkward holding one.

1 hour spinning class. Didn't enjoy this as much as I usually do. My legs felt a bit tired especially during the jumps.

Thurs 26/11 - 4 miles in the Winter League. Another minute improvement. Really enjoyed last night.

I had the guilts about not getting out since Monday, but feeling better after last nights outing.

Sat 28/11 - 8 miles. I had planned on doing 10-11 miles, but at mile 6 I got an awful pain in my stomach, so I had to turn around and make my way home. Felt awful.

Mon 30/11 - 1 hour spinning class.

Tues 01/12 - 6 miles. It lashed from mile 2 - 5.5 which made for a pretty miserable run. I couldn't wait to get home. My husband drove around looking for me, but couldn't find me :o bless him.

• Advertisement

Thurs 3/12 - 4 miles in the Winter League. Felt crap yesterday and was in two minds about whether or not to go. Glad I did, as it was my fastest run so far! I'm definately finding the group atmosphere helps push me that bit harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

good stuff RubyK, it's nice to see the work paying off in the league every week

Cheers showry ;) I'm really enjoying the league, and it definitely is nicer running in a group than on my own, which I normally do.

Didn't do so good today. 6.4 miles, and most of it was torture! Felt crap and forgot to take anything with me. First time ever I felt really weak on a run. So my planned long slow run turned into a short slow run :o

Sun 06/12 - 4.2 miles. Not a bad considering the feed of drink consumed the night before :o:o

Mon 07/12 - 1 hr spin class. Different set of tunes last night, made for a hard class. Really enjoyed it though!

Today I'm feeling wrecked. I think I'll take a rest day, and put up the christmas decorations instead :)

Thurs 10/12 - 4 miles in winter league, quickest yet!

Fridy 11/12 - 5.85 miles. Nice evening, and enjoyed it.

Sat 12/12 - 5 miles. Again a great day for a run. I didn't want to go too far as I needed to be fresh for a girls night out.

Sun 13/12 - Shattered after last night, fit to do SFA. A waste of a good Sunday :o

Mon 14/12 - 1 hour spinning class. I was still shattered from Saturday nights drinking session (am I getting old?).

Tues 15/12 - 7 miles. The best nights running I've done in a long time. Loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Excaptain

RubyK wrote: »
    Mon 14/12 - 1 hour spinning class. I was still shattered from Saturday nights drinking session (am I getting old?).

Tues 15/12 - 7 miles. The best nights running I've done in a long time. Loved it!

Fair play Rubyk. That's a lot of mileage.

Thurs 17/12 - 4 miles (32 mins - same for the past 2 weeks) in the Winter League santa hat run. Boy was it cold! I was glad of my Santa hat. The hill the second time round seemed more cruel than ever. I'd love to get under the 32 mins, but it's proving hard :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Like Excaptain says - you're racking up the sessions this past week alright - fair play
    Made some enquiries to local fit-4-life group about doing something regular like a winter league but got no reply - sounds like a brilliant way to focus you on midweek running

I've done nothing this week except taunt KennyB into a race and go for one swim :rolleyes: [reckon that the taunting is gonna come back and bite me on the a**]

The Dungarvan 10 miler looks like it will be good, reckon that I'll go too - see you there hopefully

• Advertisement

Saturday 19/12 - 8.5 miles. Very cold, but beats wind and/or rain :D It took me longer than it should of. I've made a new friend, of the four legged variety, who I meed at mile 4. I can't get past without spending a good 5 mins with him. There was also a lot of trafic on the country roads, so I spent a lot of time actually in ditches :o

DustyBin, you've been racking up the miles youself, no harm in having a quiet week, especially after the half! I've entered up for Dungarvan 10. Said I'd better do it now, rather than leave it til next month, and talk myself out of it. I'm not sure how I'll cope without my ipod though!

Mon 21/12 - 1 hr spinning class.

24/12 - 5 slippery miles Christmas Eve.

Today 27/12 - Baldy Man Fun Run. I've had a bad head cold the last few days, and todays run was not in any way shape or form, FUN. I really struggled, and the soft sand was a killer! Delighted I did it (51 mins), but I know I would have really enjoyed it if I was feeling 100%. Stupid headcold :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Well done RubyK, not easy getting out there when ur not feeling 100%. Great time, I would love to get 10k times like that some day

Well a disappointing Christmas running wise. Feeling rotten for the most of it. Typical that I feel just great today, first day back at work :rolleyes:

Sat 02/01 - 4 1/2 miles. Had to go to the beach again, because of the slippy roads/footpaths. I felt it tough, but glad to get my first run of 2010 in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

Fair play to you for getting out a bit and for doing the Baldy Man Run, that was far more than I managed :o Only 4 weeks to the Dungarvan 10 miler and I haven't run in ages. You're doing really well, really consistent. Best of luck with your training.

Ah thanks for that luvlylady! When this weather picks up a bit, it will be easier to get out in the evenings. How's your leg feeling now? Hope your injury has cleared up.

Mon 04/01 - 1 hour spin class. Tough enough after the Christmas break.

Tues 05/01 - 5.2 miles, on sand and grass. I enjoyed this run so much, and if it hadn't been dusk when finishing, I would have gone on another few miles - sods law :o

Wed 06/01 - 4 miles. 4 painful miles. I have never felt cold like it. The snow didn't help on the way back either.

I'm guessing the Winter League will be cancelled tonight, so I hope to get back to the beach this morning and get a few miles in.

The forecast for the weekend is really not getting any better. How/when I'll get a LSR in is anyones guess.

• Advertisement

Fri 08/01 - ventured to the beach, and got 6 miles in. Lovely calm (but freezing) late afternoon run. If it hadn't been turning dusk, I'd have done a few more. Really enjoyed myself.

Sat 09/01 - back to the beach, but only managed 5 miles. Didn't quite feel as energetic as I did yesterday :o but still enjoyed getting a run in.

Advertisement