Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

newbie, big ball or small ball

• 21-09-2009 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

Hello there,

trying to learn how to throw the pigskin properly, got my hands on a mini football, wondering is it easier to learn how to throw with a miniture sized ball or with a full size ball?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

flugel wrote: »
    Hello there,

trying to learn how to throw the pigskin properly, got my hands on a mini football, wondering is it easier to learn how to throw with a miniture sized ball or with a full size ball?

Full size if you are an adult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

You can't get touch or feel right with a mini ball, unlikely to get spiral right either. Get the big one. Big difference between college and NFL balls too.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

sounds like i need a full size so

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500001801&langId=-1&searchTerms=AMERICAN+FOOTBALL

something like this be adequate? gone into a few sports shops in town (galway) cant find one anywhere. would e-bay be my best bet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

flugel wrote: »
    sounds like i need a full size so

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500001801&langId=-1&searchTerms=AMERICAN+FOOTBALL

something like this be adequate? gone into a few sports shops in town (galway) cant find one anywhere. would e-bay be my best bet?

Yup Ebay would be. Get a College football first as they are easier for most to learn to throw with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

Learn how to throw with the real thing, otherwise you'll get used to a little ball and will have to learn it all over again when you move on to the full-size ball.

How old are you? Be aware that as you grow, you need to change your grip to account for bigger hands. So, if you suddenly can't throw a spiral to save your life, it could be time to move your hand closer to the centre of the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

i'm 22 so fully grown by now i reckon!

got espn recently for footy & ufc but have found myself watchin a bit of college ball, so went to elverys to pick up a ball and all they had was a mini one, was cheap enough so i got it. have been out throwing it a few times, still findin it tough to get the spiral when throwin a longer distance so began to wonder would it be easier for me to throw a mini or a full sized ball. looks like i'll have to invest in the later, and thats looking like it'll have to be got online. i only want it for messing about, so was hoping to pick somethin up in a shop for €15 or so, dunno will i invest if it'd be costing €30 or more online considering how often i'll get out to throw in, especially with winter setting in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Advertisement