Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music for 2010

Options
  • 21-09-2009 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hey all. I'm repeating this year in a college, but they don't teach music, so I'm gonna have to take it upon myself to do the work this year. I'm not too worried since I got a C1 in HL this LC gone, but I just need to brush up on what's required for this year.

Gonna do the melody writing and backing chords, and I'm gonna do the practical exam in my old school, just need to get around to ringing them about it, but my last music teacher liked me so it shouldn't be a problem.

What else is required?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 seanfromshankil

Right, so I really want/need to study music for the leaving cert.

My school doesn't do it and I have no idea where to start/what to do... I mean literally no idea.

So can anyone help me? Point me in the right direction?

Thanks a million,

Sean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 obama

Go to www.leavingcertmusic.com and buy the book.

Check out grind schools. Churchtown? Bray?

Put an ad in Supervalu.

Contact student teachers in the colleges.

Ask your guidance person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 obama

Check out past papersat www.examinations.ie

Go to www.leavingcertmusic.com

You did the exam already so you know what's involved - 4 works, Irish music...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

Didn't have music in my school either so i did lessons in waltons once a week for an hour was pretty handy and got an A2.

The other advice is equally helpful though!

Advertisement