Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Insurance

Options
  • 21-09-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got the email address for tesco insurance complaints department? I am having a problem with them and even the supervisor was unable to furnish me with an email address other than the websupport, apparently his computer had crashed:rolleyes: but if I wanted I could post a letter for his attention! Obviously with this not being satisfactory he gave me the email address for the websupport which is not the customer complaints department.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

To be honest you are better off with the old fasioned post. Emails are the easiest thing in the world to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

They dont have a good track record with their post, when I first started insurance I reeived a form from them to fill in, I filled it in 3 times and returned it, after the 4th time of them asking for it I told them I wouldnt send it again, there is no way they didnt receive one letter three times!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Jaysus....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

And you are still doing business with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'd quit while I was ahead if I were you. To proceed with the complaint though, you could contact the Irish Insurance Federation, and see if they can help.

• Advertisement

Well I've paid for a years insurance.... I spoke to a supervisor who was unable to help me but yet when I wanted to lodge a complaint he wanted me to send it to himself.... whats the point in that, he wasnt able to help in the first place.

When I first took out the insurance it took almost a month before I got an insurance certificate from them, I had to ring them umpteen times with regards to the form mentioned above, which in the end was never required, and other things they sent out to me along with requesting the certificate.

I changed cars a couple of weeks ago and within 2 days received a letter regarding the extra amount due. That day my husband was stopped by the gardai and told that even though the car is covered by insurance the disc still quotes the old car and therefor needed to produce a certificate within 10 days. I called straight away to ensure the certificate was sent and was told they are sent out within a few days of change. When I still had not received it I called again and was told it had been sent the previous Thursday and would receive it most likely the next day. Thats was last Thursday. I called today and was told to hold whilst it was checked out.

My call was picked up by the supervisor who was a bit strange at first, all I got was hello my name is ***, I had to explain my situation all over and he was then unsure as to why I had been sent through to him and put me on hold again, came back and went over the issue saying he would ensure one would be sent out. I reitterated the importance saying now my husband was late turning up at the garda station, he said I should have it in a couple of days.

I went on to say well what if we get a fine? Are you going to pay the fine since it is through your fault that we do not have the relevant documentation? Silence, I requested a fax, my sister in law works mondays and as I ws going to her house this evening she could receive a fax and bring it home for me. But since it was after 4pm he was unable to send a fax!!! I then went over the importance of the situation again, I explained I had already paid for the insurance which requires the relevant documentation and I am entitled to it. I asked for a letter to be accompanied for the attention of the gardai to say that the delay was on their behalf and not ours, all of a sudden he says well it was actually sent so if you didnt get it its not our fault.... bull, I get every letter they send me umpteen times but they seems to say they sent certificates when they dont, as what they say when they cant find letters they receive....

Anyway I then ask for an email address for the complaints department and all of a sudden his computer crashes..... I mean how many old excuses can come up in one conversation. Then instead of giving me the email he asks why dont I just post a complaint to himself? Why would I? Is he going to accept a complaint to something he is part of and raise the matter with his superiors? I mean come on.... Boss I made an f* up, heres the complaint, give me a warning please, yeah right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

If for any reason you have a complaint in connection with Tesco Car Insurance please write in the first instance to: The Insurance Manager, Tesco Car Insurance, Unit 18, Avenue 5200, Airport Business Park, Cork

http://www.tesco.ie/finance/carinsurance/importantinfo.html

Send the letter registered, then they can't claim ignorance.

Thats probably the best bet I reckon, I just wont send it to this particular supervisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As far as I can make out over the phone they are in the main call center for Hibernian. Though it was last October since I had to speak to them.

Found them fine, changed the policy 3 times last year when I lent my car to some one. Got all the documentation I needed with out delay.
    Is it possible the call center had been moved outside the EU?

Advertisement