Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM upgrade for HP Pavilion

Options
  • 21-09-2009 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

I have a p6061 : http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ie/en/ho/WF06b/12454-12454-3329740-64546-64546-3884665-3923159.html

and am wondering what I could do to upgrade its ram (and anything else) that would give a noticeable boost in performance. Not that there's anything wrong with it, ti runs fantastically, but I want to make sure I can run a hell of a lot on it (DAW's, few games, video streaming, etc.) without slowing it down a huge amount. It's running vista now, but I'm getting windows 7 when it comes out.

I've never done anything like this before, so be as patronising as possible!

I'm using one PCI slot for a wireless card.

Also if you could link me to where to buy stuff (ebay, etc.) and what to get that would be great.

I'm sure this has been asked over and over, but I wanted to ask for the specific system.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

No point really, unless it started life with 667MHz DDR2 or slower. Not a huge difference going from 800MHz to 1066MHz. And 8GB is a bit of a waste IMHO. You should be fine as-is unless you want to game well.

Advertisement