Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripping the new Beatles Remasters

Options
  • 21-09-2009 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I bought the new Beatles remastered Stereo box set last week and have to say its brilliant. The quality is amazing. However, when i rip them and put them on my Ipod the quality deteriorates badly. They are very hissy and just like the old versions. I did them at 320 bitrate and its not the software as Ive bought the Love album and the Let it be naked remasters before and they are fine when ripped. Anyone any ideas? I wonder has EMI put something in to do this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

What software are you using to rip the cds?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kiwi_40

I tried it with a Creative program and I also tried it with the windows media player. I dont think its the software. I have the 6 CDs of The Doors remasters and they ripped perfectly when played on the ipod. Its a strange one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Couldn't be your ipod sound settings or something?

If you're looking for a different program to rip them with then go for exact audio copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kiwi_40

Cheers Ghost, i'll give that a shot

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

EAC is good because you can generate a log file with it and it will tell you if there are errors. There is a good guide for configuring it here. Personally I think ripping mp3s to 320 KBps CBR is a waste of space but if it's your preference go for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement