Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question for the Gaelgoirí in UL.

Options
  • 21-09-2009 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I don't know if I'm allowed post this as Gaeilge, but anyways...I'd really appreciate some answers from people who are interested in speaking Irish in UL.

I'm just wondering - if there was a place in UL you could go to to eat lunch and hang out with other Irish speakers, would you avail of it?

I know that there is no Cumann Gaelach this year, but I'm trying to get a few people together over the next few weeks and see if there is any interest in a living, breathing Irish-speaking community on campus!

So, what I'm asking ye (I'd be really interested in what ye first year students think!) is would ye be interested in getting together with other Gaelgoirí in an informal setting over the course of the semester?

Béirigí bua!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I know I'm not a 1st year but I'd definitely be interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

Deadly! Well, I'm putting out some feelers at the moment and I'll definitely be on to you about writing something about An Seomra Gaeilge for An Focal soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I'm really bad at Irish but love the language! I'd love to join an Irish society!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Enigma'

I'd be up for it, my Irish is only ok but don't want to lose what I've got!

I'm sure ye both have fantastic Irish! And you certainly don't need to be fluent (if that was the case I'd probably be asked to leave college by now! :pac:). Just up for meeting new people and speaking Irish with them in a casual setting is all I'm asking for really! :p

• Advertisement

Roysh! Tá plean agam!

5.30@ the Scholars Déardaoin/Thursday!

Let's get this up and running! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Beidh mé ann!

Nior bheidh mé ann! Ta léacht agam! :(

Is féidir leat bualadh isteach nuair a bheidh an léacht críochnaithe más maith leat :)

You can drop in after your lecture if you want!

(Using English and Irish in case I get banned or anything:rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 barahsug

Beidh mise ann freisin!

• Advertisement

How did it go?

I'm organising a get together in Seomra na Gaeilge for all Gaelgoirí (LC0-016 - Languages Building) at 1pm Wednesday and there's a Seomra na Gaeilge Ollscoil Luimnigh page on Facebook (not sure how to link, but if you search, I'm sure you'll find it, and we'll all be able to keep in touch thorough that! :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

There's an Irish group meeting in the Bailey pub on Patrick Street in town on Thursday nights if anyone's interested.

Advertisement