Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-structuring mortgage payment with bank

Options
  • 21-09-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Due to the present economic climate I have for the 1st time in 15 years found myself out of work. I'm just about keeping on top of things but soon my savings will be gone. I am considering trying to change my mortgage repayments so that I am not under quite so much pressure. Has anyone else managed to do this? I feel bad about it but I really have no choice. Is there anything that the bank will want from me such as my dole receipts ect as proof that I am no longer working? Thanks, M.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ring the bank and ask.
    Also- contact your local community welfare officer- you may be entitled to a social welfare payment designed to pay the interest component of your mortgage (it depends on a number of factors- but you really should ask).

Advertisement