Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying film in Dublin

• 21-09-2009 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Just getting started with 35mm film as my college course demands it.

Can anyone recommend the best (cheapest) place to get film in dublin?
    Looking to get colour or black and white ISO 400 film and maybe some ISO 1600 or 3200 black and white.

I need the film by this weekend but I'm open to buying it online if anyone knows a decent site!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Gunn's on Wexford street is where I bought any film when im in Dublin and the prices seemed alright.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You can get free film in pretty much any unicare pharmacy

When are you in Dublin and where will you be?
    I could drop you out a good few rolls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

dazftw wrote: »
    Gunn's on Wexford street is where I bought any film when im in Dublin and the prices seemed alright.

Gunn's is great for film and advice too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Tallon wrote: »
    You can get free film in pretty much any unicare pharmacy

When are you in Dublin and where will you be?
    I could drop you out a good few rolls

That's mental! I've never seen any unicare pharmacies, but if this is still going on I'd love to get a box of film that big and share it amongst my class.

I'm living down near Charlemont Street.
    Won't have my film camera until I go home this weekend.

Any free film greatly is appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RRaff

Gunns on wexford street is the best in dublin. You could try mcsweenys on oliver
    plunkett st in the cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Turned out I didn't need film for this weekend.
    The shutter release on my camera seems to be stuck, the mirror won't stay down.

Anywhere I can take it for someone to have a look?
    The camera is probably not worth more than 30€ so the cheaper the better!

Advertisement