Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank: Opening an account online

Options
  • 21-09-2009 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

I applied to open a current account online on the Ulster Bank website last Tuesday morning (7am).

As of today (Monday), I still have not received anything.

How long will it take to receive the letter from them (which probably asks me to send in my passport)? After that is sent off, how long will it take for me to receive the Debit Cards etc.

Also, will they require my actual passport and my actual proof of address, or will copies signed at a Garda station be sufficient?
    Will an Irish Learner Permit (the new form of Provisional Licence) be accepted as proof of address?
    Can I have my proof of address and proof of identity as the one ID (e.g. sending in my Learner Permit to cover both ID Proof and Address Proof)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

You should have gotten something by now.

When the account is opened you should have fully working debit cards within 8 working days at the max. Not familier with what way you'll verify your id, it may require a trip to a branch with the documents so they can sight the original and copy them.

As for what you need, the new PL will do along with something proving your address. You can not use one document to prove both.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jc2008

OK I received the form this morning, looking for identification

This is what the identification form looks like. I'm slightly confused as to what exactly to send off so if anybody could help me that would be great. (sorry about the large image - but it's only 219kb)

theorytestbook2003.jpg

So I have a photocopy of my Learner Permit (new form of Provisional Licence) - hopefully this is accepted as a 'valid Irish driving licence'.

Am I right in saying that I need one more proof of ID, and another proof of address? Can the other proof of ID be a copy? For example, if I send a birth cert with my copy of the Learner Permit, does it have to be the original birth cert or can it be a photocopy (it doesn't specifically say).

Thanks for the help in advance.

How old are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jc2008

Sorry, should have made that clear in the Original or subsequent posts. I am 17, applying to open an Adapt account (an Ulster Bank account for 11-18 year olds).

Well in that case just send back you LP and a parents utility bill, as long as you have the same surname. Send a copy of your birth cert to be 100% sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Hey JC2008

I am in the same position as you. I am 17 too and sent off my Id etc on Monday. How long did it take for you to receive your bank account number & debit card?

Cheers

Advertisement