Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 broadband in Cork City

Options
  • 21-09-2009 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Well lads, i need to get broadband for my new house in Cork, Im going to be living up in the Green street area off barracks street and i was planning on getting the student o2 package, i was just wondering if anyone else around there had it and what were the speeds like on weekday evenings?

Any information would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

its supposed to be really good but i only used it once, during the day and got about 1mbit downstream. dunno about evensings

you should probably ask in the Midband forum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Thanks, just posted there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

On O2, it does tend to slow down a small bit at peak times, but I wouldn't say it's bad, last time I tried Three broadband it was pretty much unusable though.
    I'll check this evening to see what my transfer rates are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I live near college and its great during the day but in evenings (say 10 ish) it doesnt seem fast at all, not a lot faster than dial up sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

i've used it in the Dennehys cross area, found it very good

• Advertisement
Advertisement