Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Rights when dealing with UK based online store

Options
  • 21-09-2009 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

I made a purchase from a UK-based online store over a month ago and the item I purchased turned out to be defective.

I have contacted the store several times by email to try and arrange for me to return the item and get a refund or credit but have received no response.

I would like to know what, if any, legal options I now have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Is there an address, telephone number or other contact details on their website. I wouldn't usually place much faith in emails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

There's a PO Box address but no phone number. The company in question always responded to emails promptly, it is only since this happened that they have gone all quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

psilocybe wrote: »
    I made a purchase from a UK-based online store over a month ago and the item I purchased turned out to be defective.

I have contacted the store several times by email to try and arrange for me to return the item and get a refund or credit but have received no response.

I would like to know what, if any, legal options I now have?

Contact your card issuer (assuming you paid by cc) and see if they would raise a charegeback...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Name and Shame for God sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

psilocybe wrote: »
    There's a PO Box address but no phone number.

Meaning it's one man and his dog, working out of a garden shed. Realistically, you're going to get nowhere. Contact the bank about a card charge back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd advise anyone shopping from a website to check if there are sufficient contact details provided before purchasing.

I think that your credit card provider is the best bet here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

dudara wrote: »
    I'd advise anyone shopping from a website to check if there are sufficient contact details provided before purchasing.

I think that your credit card provider is the best bet here.

I have launhed a payal depute. The company is regsitered and has a VAT number.

Advertisement